Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Clutch inop (Read 2 times)
dapiglet
Ex Member

Clutch inop
03/22/07 at 17:01:02

A friend of mine ended up pushin' her Savage about a mile home  when her clutch suddenly quit working. At first she thought the cable had broken, but when I looked at it tonite the cable is okay .... the problem is that there isn't any spring-tension on the cable at all... the lever, cable, & arm just limply swing back and forth.  Looks like we need to remove the side-cover to see what's not happenin' ?
Any one got a pic or can describe what the inside hardware looks like ??
thanks

IP Logged
tbalam

I like my kids, but
I love my bike ;)

Fac o' the Sn
Re: Clutch inop
Reply #1 - 03/22/07 at 18:49:38

On the lever arm inside the case is a little cam, thant accuates the clutch pin when the clutch is pull.  If this breaks it will feel like the cable broke.

http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/oem_schematic_view~schem...

#23.

This same thing happened to me. It broke across the hole for the clutch arm. cost like $5 and is a cinch to replace. may want to order a gasket, and ol filter and change the oil while your there. Also good to replace clutch plates if they are due.

1996 Mirage paint, seat lift, 2 #4 washers, 155 main, 52.5 pilot. Removed pillon, belt guard, rear blinker mod, moved battery box. K&N cone, Chain conversion 17/43 (in process). Cam tensioner mod.
  IP Logged
dapiglet
Ex Member

Re: Clutch inop
Reply #2 - 03/22/07 at 20:06:55

Thanks Tbalam !

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com