Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Price of replacement parts (Read 3 times)
Phelonius
Ex Member

Price of replacement parts
03/20/07 at 12:05:20

This weekend I got a nasty surprise.
When I opened my garage door Sunday morn, I saw my S-40 laying on it's side. I had left it on a hydraulic bike lift that was supporting it in the verticle, while working on it with the side stand disconnected. The lift bled down overnight and dropped the bike on it's right side destroying the right rear turn signal. Hopefully that is all I will find wrong.
This morning when the suzuki shop opened up I called to order a new one and was told it would cost 60 some dollars for that little piece of plastic.
I went ahead and ordered one since there is no where else to obtain the matching part. It does seem a bit steep though.

Phelonius

Phelonius
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Price of replacement parts
Reply #1 - 03/20/07 at 12:18:15

http://www.ronayers.com is one place.  $53.80 for a complete rear turn signal assembly.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Fido_the_Cat

" If you don't
ask, They can't say
no!"

Harrisburg PA
Reply #2 - 03/20/07 at 17:31:57

Watch what your buying. that is look at it before you plunk down the cash. Having replaced a few turn signals I know that " new" is in the eye of the buyer. Had one from an online reputable vendor needing repaired before I could use it. Just my experience. FWIW.

Follow me into the twisties.... I'll wait for you on the other side.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #3 - 03/21/07 at 06:17:38

For just a bit more you can replace the stock lights with, well, there's many options.....

License Plate frame with LED run/stop and turn signals. .... or just the License Plate Mounted LED Turn Signals without the chrome plate frame .... not to mention a pile of replacement turn signals.

WWW   IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #4 - 03/21/07 at 07:58:56

Phelonius wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
 This morning when the suzuki shop opened up I called to order a new one and was told it would cost 60 some dollars for that little piece of plastic.
I went ahead and ordered one since there is no where else to obtain the matching part. It does seem a bit steep though.

Phelonius

hence the term "stealership" sorry for your loss. i think there is a tech article, or a mod someone did (search), that eliminated that piece of plastic, provided a custom appearance, and tucked them in, so as not to kick them while mounting up, and less likely to break off, in the unfortunate event of a tip-over.

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Reply #5 - 03/21/07 at 08:30:25

You should have let us know, there are lots of alternatives, ebay being one, biker2biker.net for another. After I messed up one, I took the next opportunity to purchase good used ones for replacements. This almost guarantees that I will never need them Grin When I die, my kids will ask, "Why did Mother have this box of tail lights?"

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
Fido_the_Cat

" If you don't
ask, They can't say
no!"

Harrisburg PA
Reply #6 - 03/21/07 at 18:18:13

RadarORiley wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
You should have let us know, there are lots of alternatives, ebay being one, biker2biker.net for another. After I messed up one, I took the next opportunity to purchase good used ones for replacements. This almost guarantees that I will never need them Grin When I die, my kids will ask, "Why did Mother have this box of tail lights?"

Does that mean you want an inventory of my one of a kind (one per set) ready to be repaired turn signals and mirrors. My half - moon pegs line is just starting.

Paladin: Let's see what happens next season when I go to the "One seater naked fender." Is that considered a bobber?

I'm looking now for the one's that "look right" and are well made.

Follow me into the twisties.... I'll wait for you on the other side.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 02:35:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Price of replacement parts

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.