Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Jetting Carb (Read 18 times)
Grove_Tucky_650

Ohio - Grove City
Jetting Carb
03/16/07 at 16:05:56

First of all I am new here. Just got my 2000 LS650 at the end of last season. I like it fine... All but the color Grin

Anyhooo.....

Just a quick one here. I am going to go and try and buy jets this weekend and would like to know if I should get 155 main and the 55 pilot. Sea level is +835 feet.

I am going to put on a sportser muffler on the same day I do the jets.

I will do the spacer mod also. Should I take it down to 1/2? Will I need to do it at all?

I have not done anything the the air filter. Want to do that in two weeks if I get the cash.

Anyhow if you need to know more let me know.

Have an oil leak I thought I fixed also (The Plug). But still leaking. Not sure what it is now. I will have to tear it back apart and see if I messed it up Shocked

Thanks!!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Jetting Carb
Reply #1 - 03/16/07 at 17:26:46

I would suggest that you get both the #152.5 and #155 main jets, just to be sure.  You may or may not need the #55 pilot but have it on hand just in case.  Doing the half white spacer is a good start for the needle.  Some of the others get a spare one to file and keep the original just in case they want to go back.  The jets/spacer are cheap so the process is not painful.
Do not worry about the filter right now, as long as it is clean it will flow enough for now so just concentrate on doing the jetting/tuning correctly.

IP Logged
Grove_Tucky_650

Ohio - Grove City
Reply #2 - 03/16/07 at 18:05:57

I was thinking on getting both jets. I will get the 55 pilot but not put it in first go around. I just read that it helps the backfire.

I will look around on the site for the tuning. Unless the idle mixture screw is the "tuning" part of it.

Thanks Lance!!

IP Logged
Grove_Tucky_650

Ohio - Grove City
Reply #3 - 03/16/07 at 18:21:39

Oh here is a pic not that anyone cares Grin

Here is a link to the original pic also. Looks like the file was to large to show up good  Tongue

http://www.tracyswilliams.com/ssLS650.JPG

IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Reply #4 - 03/16/07 at 18:24:17

I can't see a pic, is it there?

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Reply #5 - 03/16/07 at 18:24:57

Oh, there it is, boy my puter is slow today Angry

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
Grove_Tucky_650

Ohio - Grove City
Reply #6 - 03/16/07 at 18:30:14

I put a link to it also. I forgot to change the res on my canon rebel. Sorry. I will pull into photoshop next time.

IP Logged
Grove_Tucky_650

Ohio - Grove City
Reply #7 - 03/16/07 at 18:32:29

Off to put struts on my wife car Angry Be back soon I hope.

IP Logged
Grove_Tucky_650

Ohio - Grove City
Reply #8 - 03/16/07 at 21:49:32

Well that was fun. Shocked

IP Logged
kf6kmx
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 03/16/07 at 22:03:11

Grove_Tucky_650 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
First of all I am new here. Just got my 2000 LS650 at the end of last season. I like it fine... All but the color Grin
Welcome to the wonderful world of the 650 thumper  Grin I just got mine back in Sept.. only have about 600 miles on it now, most of that in the last two weeks. UNtil then between work and weather I wasnt getting a lot of riding time in... Now I am!

Just a quick one here. I am going to go and try and buy jets this weekend and would like to know if I should get 155 main and the 55 pilot. Sea level is +835 feet.

I doing a muffler mod to mine as well... THink I'm going to  order an SE for it... right now I have a modified HD (Dyna i think) muffler I just mounted tonight... I have the factory jets in, but will be changing them either tomorrow before I go ride, or tomorrow evening after I get back and it cools back down. My local shop only had a 150 in stock... not real big, but for only $3 I grabbed it to try while I wait for the 155 to show up.. They couldnt find any refernce in their listing for the 152.5 for some reason.

Have an oil leak I thought I fixed also (The Plug). But still leaking. Not sure what it is now. I will have to tear it back apart and see if I messed it up Shocked

Havent had any leaks on mine yet from the plug.. I did find out that the bolts that go through (on an '06 anyway) the brake lever mount and the heat shield, go all the way through the casing and out the other side, and they WILL leak oil if you leave them loose while you have the heat shield off to take off the head pipe  Roll Eyes

I think I have a new joke for Jeff Foxworthy...
"You might be a redneck if any part of your motorcycle says 'Pepsi' on it, and it ISNT a decal"...   ( my muffler 'gasket' is made from 3 strips of a Pepsi can  Wink

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #10 - 03/16/07 at 22:14:02

or bud!

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 03/16/07 at 22:51:12

You might be a Rednekk if you hit the lottery & have a brick duplicate made of your trailer house.

IP Logged
Grove_Tucky_650

Ohio - Grove City
Reply #12 - 03/17/07 at 12:44:14

Can I rejet before I do the exhaust? I have the jets but I will not get the exhaust until mid week.

From the looks of it the Main Jet is easy as pie. Well that is looking at the clymers book anyhow.

I went to ADFarrows to get the jets and they told me the ones they have would only fit a Harley. I kinda giggled and said whatever and left. Good thing I went to the local dealer first. Don't ask me why I went to both it is long story Tongue

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 03/17/07 at 13:05:45

I put a 150 main in a long time before I changed exhaust. It changed the backfire situation.

IP Logged
Grove_Tucky_650

Ohio - Grove City
Reply #14 - 03/17/07 at 15:52:53

Well that was an EASY task!!!

I put the 152.5 jet in like Lancer suggested. I was not able to get the 55 pilot from the dealer. They said there were a few different kinds and I did not want to order two when I only need one. If someone has a pic on the pilot that I can take in and show them that would be great.

I screws came out easy also. I assume it is the screws for the 1/2 spacer mod that most people have issues with. I tried to take them out and they did not turn so I stopped until I am ready to do that.

It even starts faster then before!!

Now I just need my exhaust!!! I bet I end up going to the SE though. I like the sound they put out.

If it warms up I will take it out on the road to see how it runs with the new jet.

Oh did I say that was EASY Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 13:18:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Jetting Carb

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.