Send Topic Print
Speedometer Question (Read 5 times)
Trump2Thump
YaBB Newbies

Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

Space Coast of Florida
Speedometer Question
02/22/07 at 00:24:51

my 88 Savage got jealous when I put a deposit on a brand new Triumph Scrambler and the speedometer quit that very day on the ride home from work.... I have checked the cable and it is fine but I will be taking the speedometer off this weekend and am wondering if this is a potentially easy fix with internal parts readily available from my local shop or if i should just hunt a whole assembly down on ebay.... the lights work on the assembly, but the speedometer and odometer quit..... it gradually started decreasing speed while riding and then would not rise to the occasion after i stopped at a light..... the odometer is completely dead and the speedometer rises just a hair while riding..... any advice would be greatly appreciated and if anyone has an assembly for sale please let me know...... I'm getting another Trump but would never get rid of the Thump......

I'm livin' and dyin' in 3/4 time.....
islandcat88   IP Logged
steveh
Ex Member

Re: Speedometer Question
Reply #1 - 02/22/07 at 04:07:45

I've got a spare speedo off an 87 and a spare cable too, I think. Let me know if you are interested.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Speedometer Question
Reply #2 - 02/22/07 at 05:44:51

It could be a stripped or unseated cable.  Oh, gratz on the Scrambler.  Those look really sweet.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 23:29:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Speedometer Question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.