Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: Owner's Manual PDFbble
Reply #15 - 02/21/07 at 05:01:29

Fido_the_Cat wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
Can you contact Verzon and tell them my neighborhood is next for FIOS. That would be a great help.

Thanks Greg. But I think the problem is the same as it always is... Adobe want Critical Update before I get anymore new files. This one is a 20meggar. Hopefully after that I will be able to download this file.
I'll let ya know how it pans out.

Well, see, that was part of what I wondered.  I can't understand what "downloading" and "Adobe" have to do with it.  It shouldn't make a hoot, what kind of file it is to download it.

Granted, I have cable and it is 12 MB, but I had no problem.

Try this:  Go to Ken's "Savage folder" (this link) and look at the file name without opening the file.  Do the "right click" thing and select "Save Link As".

http://home.comcast.net/~kenglong/savage.html

You should be able to download it without an Adobe update.

IP Logged
Fido_the_Cat

" If you don't
ask, They can't say
no!"

Harrisburg PA
Re: Owner's Manual PDF
Reply #16 - 02/22/07 at 17:35:00

That's it. I've spent enough time playing with it. And this only happens on Adobe files. Other downloads work fine.
Greg I went to the site you suggested and tried to download as per your instructions, the results are the same. Somewhere during the download process it stops, then when you try to open it Adobe says "File is damaged can not open."  I'm not a big fan of Adobe to begin with, yet I have to use it at home and work. So I have done all of the updates and fixes and allowed Adobe to try to fix it's self, maybe that's what's wrong? Anyway I attempted to download several times, no luck.

Greg. the "How Profound' remark was not meant in sarcasm as it was in frustration. I sometimes presume I'm the last subscriber. Thanks you for trying, I'll get with Youzguyz to get a copy.

Follow me into the twisties.... I'll wait for you on the other side.
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #17 - 02/23/07 at 12:11:07

That's it. I've spent enough time playing with it. And this only happens on Adobe files. Other downloads work fine.
Greg I went to the site you suggested and tried to download as per your instructions, the results are the same. Somewhere during the download process it stops, then when you try to open it Adobe says "File is damaged can not open."  I'm not a big fan of Adobe to begin with, yet I have to use it at home and work. So I have done all of the updates and fixes and allowed Adobe to try to fix it's self, maybe that's what's wrong? Anyway I attempted to download several times, no luck.

Greg. the "How Profound' remark was not meant in sarcasm as it was in frustration. I sometimes presume I'm the last subscriber. Thanks you for trying, I'll get with Youzguyz to get a copy.

Well, if the download stops, the file won't be complete, but you know that.  26 kbps is kinda slow for sure.  I remember when a 1 Mb file was a challenge, but that's when people used floppies (what?)...

It's too bad this isn't an FTP site, because if you were using file transfer software (like Ws_FTP) it might be better.  With that, you could resume a download if it was interrupted.

IP Logged
Fido_the_Cat

" If you don't
ask, They can't say
no!"

Harrisburg PA
Reply #18 - 02/24/07 at 22:17:29

Thanks Ken,
I've been in contact with Youzguyz and he will sent me a copy of the manual.
Greg, Yes it would. I know there was some software/freeware out there that claimed to do the same thing, although I didn't buy into it. With all the spyware and pirates, everything comes with a price.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #19 - 02/25/07 at 12:20:51

Thanks Ken,
I've been in contact with Youzguyz and he will sent me a copy of the manual.
Greg, Yes it would. I know there was some software/freeware out there that claimed to do the same thing, although I didn't buy into it. With all the spyware and pirates, everything comes with a price.

I wasn't talking freeware.  I don't use it because of what you said. Grin  

You can get a 30 day free trial on WS_FTP and then after that time period it won't work for free anymore...(and I tried to work around it, but the programmers are too smart for me)...I bought it then.  Good to have...

Keep it in mind for your next download...

http://www.ipswitch.com/

IP Logged
Fido_the_Cat

" If you don't
ask, They can't say
no!"

Harrisburg PA
Reply #20 - 02/26/07 at 19:39:37

I don't really have time right now to look into this, but thanks for the link. I am interested. Looks very promising.

IP Logged
bruiser81
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 05/08/07 at 20:51:00

I would appreciate a copy of the manual.  I just bought a savage and the gentleman did not have the manual to go with.

adamwen81@yahoo.com

IP Logged
smokey02

Time flies like an
arrow, fruit flies
like bananas

Alta Loma, California
Reply #22 - 05/10/07 at 02:48:36

I also have the 11MB pdf file of the 2002 LS650 Manual from Ken.
I was able to get a copy to Jim(partsisparts) last week by uploading it to www.sendthisfile.com for him to copy.
If anyone else needs it, just send me a message and I'll upload it again for you to download.

Maroon 96, HD turnout, Iridium, TKat brace, Big Crank, seat lift, Narva +50 w/ yellow filter in a XV920 9
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 04:25:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Owner's Manual PDF

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.