Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
did the ton (Read 42 times)
john1652
Ex Member

did the ton
02/14/07 at 15:05:00

what does that mean???? if it means doing 100mph and doing it on a Savage I would have a real hard time believing that. I seem to hit the top around 85 mph or is it kph. now I could believe that. maybe 100mph on the salt flats with the guy from worlds fastest indian driving it. or possibly 100 while we are dreaming at night. or possibly when we are at the world championship b.s. contest. but never, i say never in real life.     john

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Re: did the ton
Reply #1 - 02/14/07 at 15:38:56

Top speed so far with my '02 is 95 mph on a long straight flat road. Even with a small windshield laid almost flat I need better aerodynamics to go any faster. Maybe if I took off the saddle bags I'd hit the ton Grin

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
KenGLong
Alliance Member

2002 Savage

Albuquerque, NM
Reply #2 - 02/14/07 at 16:10:56

Don't know if I'll ever make it up there. I have two strikes against me right off. One, I'm at 5000 ft and, two, I weigh 235 lbs.

Ken

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 02/14/07 at 17:00:27

Oh yes, the Savage will do it if you treat it right and massage the right parts the right way.  It loves to be messaged.

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #4 - 02/14/07 at 17:09:39

one could also drop it from an airplane.  mine does 100 mph:

IP Logged
Hutch
Serious Thumper

till death do us
part

Birch Run, MI. U.S.A.
Reply #5 - 02/14/07 at 20:17:14

LANCER wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
Oh yes, the Savage will do it if you treat it right and massage the right parts the right way.  It loves to be messaged.

I weigh about 150. Went with the 20 pound lighter Jardine muffler, rejetted,solo seat, and if I lay on the tank with a tail wind it is maxed out at 80mph and ready to blow up. Like I said the newer model gear ratios suck. I'm doing cosmetics now, but will change the final drive to chain when I'm done. I have a 05 Royal Enfield 500cc Bullet that has a higher top speed and less rpm at 75 than the Savage. It just doesn't have the fast acceleration of the Suzi.

you learn from your mistakes, and I've learned a lot
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 02/14/07 at 21:58:10

Mine has a 22" windshield and it'll do 80 in a heart beat.  And feels like there is more to be had.  By the way, 77 is 5000 rpm.  

And I'm 240.  So my bike can haul more a$$ than yours! naner naner naner!

But I have the red light set at 80 so I don't exheed my capabilities.  When I'm confident I know all the parts to rub in just the right way, I'll go for it.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #7 - 02/15/07 at 06:26:14

Hutch wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
I weigh about 150. Went with the 20 pound lighter Jardine muffler, rejetted,solo seat, and if I lay on the tank with a tail wind it is maxed out at 80mph and ready to blow up. Like I said the newer model gear ratios suck. I'm doing cosmetics now, but will change the final drive to chain when I'm done. I have a 05 Royal Enfield 500cc Bullet that has a higher top speed and less rpm at 75 than the Savage. It just doesn't have the fast acceleration of the Suzi.

Well, at 215 lbs. on my '98 Savage I've done 88 MPH )indicated) and she felt like she had more to give.  I haven't tried to max her yet.  I specified "indicated" because I have a larger than stock rear tire, which means I was actually going faster than the speedo indicated.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #8 - 02/15/07 at 06:36:58

spurts of 85 are enuf for me tho feels there is more there..but at those speeds "aint cruisen no more" Roll Eyes

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #9 - 02/15/07 at 08:02:56

Only been to 85 on 2 different times.  That's all that I needed.

Got to 117 on my fully faired Yam 850 one time.  I'm too old for that now.  I know that IF I lived through a crash, that recovery would take a very long time.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #10 - 02/15/07 at 08:05:46

Well I don't get it, the mods on my '02 are pretty much middle of the road with a 152.5 main, drilled baffle sportster muffler, K+N drop in air filter and a drilled out airbox door but even with my 215lb butt on the bike I've seen 95 mph twice. Now what's got me puzzled is that there are a lot of other savages out there that are lighter with larger jetting and better exhaust flow but can't seem to get up to the speeds I'm getting to. Are there that much difference between bikes ??? cause I know I'm not throwing any BS around.  Grin

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #11 - 02/15/07 at 08:16:10

Ed L. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
Well I don't get it, the mods on my '02 are pretty much middle of the road with a 152.5 main, drilled baffle sportster muffler, K+N drop in air filter and a drilled out airbox door but even with my 215lb butt on the bike I've seen 95 mph twice. Now what's got me puzzled is that there are a lot of other savages out there that are lighter with larger jetting and better exhaust flow but can't seem to get up to the speeds I'm getting to. Are there that much difference between bikes ??? cause I know I'm not throwing any BS around.  Grin

No BS here.  I know that mine has more power to go at 85.  The Raask really helps breathing at top end.  I just got her up there to satisfy my own curiosity, and then quit.  The deficiency was me Smiley

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #12 - 02/15/07 at 08:38:28

got the sport shield and i opted out @ 85, gettin too old

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #13 - 02/15/07 at 09:06:51

Yeah, I was in a bit of a pucker when I got over 90mph. At 53 I've discovered that I'm not indestructable and the road looks real hard when going that fast. On a normal ride 80 is as fast as I like to go. Ain't it a b1tch getting old

IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Reply #14 - 02/15/07 at 09:39:02

There is always a mistake in the speedo and usualy it shows more. On my  '01 with gutted HD pipe , Edelbrok, and tall HD bars the speedo was showing just a tad below 100. I did not keep it this way because the gas-mileage wasn't good. My wife's  '00 has baffled SE II, has the original carb/slightly modified/ , and the original bars and goes 95mph if I can believe the speedo. I like her's  more because of the sound and because it makes a little more than 50 mpg in the city.
I've had couple of early models and they were going no more than 85-86 mph. I never tried to squeeze higher speeds from them.

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 16:33:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › did the ton

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.