Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
savage stretch? (Read 52 times)
Jodicline
Ex Member

Re: savage stretch?
Reply #15 - 02/09/07 at 15:34:37

ok yea those are nice, but i want to stay stock width and belt drive, maybe one size wider tire if itll fit, but im 6' tall i need to stretch it out if i get a savage, and i already plan on drag bars but i need somthing to get my butt back farther, i dont think i can do it more then a inch or two with just the seat,
si all im changing is the lenth of the swingarm, fender and seat, then the bars and if i can maybe a inch or two on the pegs.
so i want to keep the belt drive and shocks. just startch it out a bit.

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #16 - 02/09/07 at 15:46:44

still prefer super charging   Roll Eyes  that's teh one w/ a plated of jug, right?

like I said, cool, but too much stuff...

IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Reply #17 - 02/09/07 at 15:54:40

There IS a belt made by Bando that is identical to the stock Suzuki belt except it is 2 teeth longer.  I don't know of a belt that is 8 inches longer though.  The Savage belt is a common industrial style belt, but an uncommon width.  You could put on a bit thinner belt in the right length I would think.  
Check out:  http://www.gates.com/europe/file_display_common.cfm?thispath=Europe%2Fdocumen...

Look at the Powergrip belts.

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
Bugscraper
2004 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #18 - 02/09/07 at 19:44:18

I talked to Heiko Lang (on that German site) a few yrs. ago.  He fabbed the stretrched swingarm so the shocks were at a 45 degree angle (also shortened the shocks), installed a longer belt (don't remember how much longer
-- I think it was Bando), and modded the pullies for the new belt.  He emailed me schematics on the complete job; but, I lost 'em when my aol crashed.  I asked him if he would consider doing the same work for me; but, he was going away to school at the time, and couldn't.  I'd really like to have a stretched Savage, too.  You should email him; he's a nice guy, and will give you all the info. you need.  Let us know; I've still got the idea on a back burner.

IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Reply #19 - 02/09/07 at 20:44:17

May be the best thing will be to go to a belt and chain wear house and check there for availability. I've thought to check myself, but kept forgetting.

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
steveh
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 02/10/07 at 06:40:40

If you are interested, I've got a frame from an 87 Savage that had been converted to chain drive. I'll try to get some photos posted.

IP Logged
amcline
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 02/10/07 at 16:11:59

steveh wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
If you are interested, I've got a frame from an 87 Savage that had been converted to chain drive. I'll try to get some photos posted.

yes i would be interested, you want to sell it? location?
oh by the way this is matt jodi's hubby,(my new account SN)

IP Logged
amcline
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 02/14/07 at 13:40:49

well i looked the other day at the manufacturur site, and im sure i can find these belts and in many sizes, may have to preorder a certain amount of them tho, i wonder how many poeple would care to have a longer belt, for a swingarm stetched savage?

if i have time ill look again and email them, to find out price and quantity then maybe we could post a thread and see who out there would be willing to split the cost, or pre-order one ith me...

im hoping to get the rebel sold soon and pick up a 02 savage i found so thatll be a sweet lil stretcher,

IP Logged
Bugscraper
2004 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #23 - 02/16/07 at 22:34:58

I doubt you'll find enough people to participate.  Best bet would probably be to order the 1 closest to your mod specs, then mod the pullies.  Again, Heiko will probably give you the necessary info.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #24 - 02/17/07 at 08:08:09

Quote:
   im 6' tall i need to stretch it out if i get a savage, and i already plan on drag bars but i need somthing to get my butt back farther, i dont think i can do it more then a inch or two with just the seat

If you want to move your seat position back why not cut the frame pieces down to just behind the top of the shock mounts.  The weld on a little bit of support for the old style seats that were just straight and flat.

This is a Corbin seat I got on ebay for $25 + shp, which was made for a 70-80 model Honda 500 of some sort.
I took it apart and reshaped the metal to fit the Savage.  The foam & gel I have for it will move the seating position slightly rearward but I am only  5'7", so it is not a crucial for me.
The point is that there are some really good seats available for very cheap prices.  It would be much easier to mod the top rear of the frame to mount a seat like this than to build a new swing arm.  Much cheaper to do as well.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #25 - 02/17/07 at 14:23:27

I wanna see it on the bike Michael.  Oh yeah, what happened to the custom tank you were sculpting?

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 14:37:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › savage stretch?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.