LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: More low/midrange power
Reply #15 - 02/01/07 at 08:49:22

The following is from the www.thunderproducts.com.

" The TPI Valve is designed to increase air flow into your air box and carburetors.  

Racers and tuners as well as many trail riders have known for many years that opening up the air box in order to flow more air makes more horse power.  This is usually called “ventilating” or “gutting” the air box.  They also know that more air means that the engine will be running leaner exactly the same as installing a smaller main jet.

Only one thing was missing, and that was the ability to go back to the richer jetting required for colder weather or lower altitudes.  What did they do about this?  They tried to tape or stuff foam rubber in the openings they had created.  All of this was very messy and imprecise.  Much of the time they were either too rich or too lean or they had to start changing main jets in order to be jetted correctly.

There must be a better way?  There is!!  It’s called a TPI valve.  The TPI Valve can be opened completely to the leanest position or closed completely to the richest position or any position in between.

The TPI Valve gives you a range of two to four jet sizes of adjustment providing you use the recommended number of valves in your air box.

For more information on airbox modifications, read:  Airbox, Friend or Foe?

The TPI "Knobby" Valve is 1 1/2" diameter and 1 1/2" high.

The TPI "Low-Boy" valve is a flush mounting version which is 2 5/8" square overall.

TPI Valves come with filters. "

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #16 - 02/01/07 at 09:33:04

Oh.  Total Performance Intake and Ultimate Flow Optimizer.  Now it makes sense Smiley

IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Reply #17 - 02/02/07 at 15:04:47

Ok, Lancer.  Talking to you could be hazardous to my wallet!   Roll Eyes

Even though my current setup works flawlessly, and I'm a notorious cheap-skate, I'm seriously considering buying that carb kit!!!

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #18 - 02/02/07 at 16:18:11

The carb kit works well.  As posted before, with the carb, a good exhaust, and the cam my engine is making 45 hp.  No significant head work YET, and the compression ratio is still stock too.  By spring time those things will be addressed though.

Got to go and get ready to leave for Oklahoma in the morning, it is a 2 day drive to be there in time for his funeral services.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #19 - 02/02/07 at 21:16:22

That's loyalty.  Even with all his crap going on, he still had a parting statement.

Drive safe.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #20 - 02/03/07 at 08:25:24

barry68v10 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
Ok, Lancer.  Talking to you could be hazardous to my wallet!   Roll Eyes

Even though my current setup works flawlessly, and I'm a notorious cheap-skate, I'm seriously considering buying that carb kit!!!

To be honest, doing the same upgrades without talking to Lancer would likely be more hazardous to your wallet.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Reply #21 - 02/03/07 at 10:11:29

Quote:
To be honest, doing the same upgrades without talking to Lancer would likely be more hazardous to your wallet.

Absolutely true!  But then they'd be far less tempting  Grin

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
Fido_the_Cat

" If you don't
ask, They can't say
no!"

Harrisburg PA
Reply #22 - 02/03/07 at 20:09:12

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:

I second that! God speed man.

Follow me into the twisties.... I'll wait for you on the other side.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 07:33:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › More low/midrange power

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.