Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
white wall tires (Read 304 times)
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Re: white wall tires
Reply #15 - 01/23/07 at 18:45:04

Belt drive & whitewalls are a great match. No chain lube flinging onto the tire. I ordered a Maxxis whitewall 2 years ago but found out they had stopped making them, though their website displayed them. Sounds like that may have changed.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
Five_Points

Columbus, OH
Reply #16 - 01/25/07 at 12:45:12

Man, Holodeck, that whitewall is a great look! Gonna have to wear mine out a little quicker this spring! haha. Thanks for the tip on the Maxxis tires. I haven't been able to find any white walls until now. I'm no where near needing new tires yet, so hopefully these are still available when I do need them

WWW   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #17 - 01/25/07 at 16:53:56

Shocked Whoa Holodeck! That has to be the best lookin' tire I've ever seen on the front of a Savage!!
Got any pics of the white-wall on the rear?

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Holodeck

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Seattle
Reply #18 - 01/25/07 at 18:32:00

http://w2.bikepics.com/pics/2007/01/25/bikepics-782228-800.jpg [img][/img]Rear tire is on order, maybe picture ready by next week, here is a before foto.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #19 - 01/26/07 at 09:05:34

Very cool! Am amazed at how well the white wall tires suit the stock un-Bobbed Savage ... especially with that silver color of yours Holodeck ... very classy; kinda "art deco"!
Can't wait to see the WW on the rear too!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Holodeck

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Seattle
Reply #20 - 02/18/07 at 15:19:12

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #21 - 02/18/07 at 15:27:26

Holodeck wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:

Very nice!

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #22 - 02/18/07 at 15:53:02

If I had a bike that good looking I'd have to wash it.

WWW   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #23 - 02/18/07 at 16:43:17

Grin Those tires are beautiful! They really suit the Bike!
Are they stock sizes? Care to post brand and sizes please?

WWW   IP Logged
Holodeck

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Seattle
Reply #24 - 02/18/07 at 17:02:16

Both tires are Maxxis Classic M6011, stock size. Avon makes one that will fit the front but not the rear. Maxxis was the ony brand I found for both rims.I ordered the rear from Bike bandit, $82 + UPS, 5 working days to my door. Very happy with the whole deal.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #25 - 02/19/07 at 00:25:40

Thanks!  Grin  8)

WWW   IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #26 - 02/19/07 at 11:43:52

Hey Holodeck! Nice tires. I'll be getting them for sure. How's the sound on that fishtail pipe? It looks great. Is that the same unbaffled one I see in J.C.Whitney? Bike looks very sharp. I see the mini turn signals on the back but I can't see the fronts, did you chuck them all together?  Smiley

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
Holodeck

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Seattle
Reply #27 - 02/19/07 at 12:19:02

J.C. Whitney, $45. The sound was so loud it hurt my ears at half throttle, and had no top end. I now have a 3 row beer can baffle and it goes like stink but is still too loud- the neighbors are making some stern remarks about it. I have a six row to try and will see how it goes.

The turn signals are a work in progress, I can't decide where to put them. but after trying to make hand signals while in gear I know they will go somewhere.

IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #28 - 02/19/07 at 13:09:46

I know JC Whitney also sells some 8" baffles that might plug right in, Have you thought about using one of them? I had been eyeballing that long fishtail pipe on their website for quite a while. It looks good, but I'm kinda leaning towards just a fishtail tailpiece on a Cherry Bomb muffler. It's good to know that the straight pipe requires some baffling to keep the power, I was afraid of that. Somebody else had done a Cherry Bomb setup and still had to plug a bolt in there to force some back pressure. How are you doing the beer can baffles? I'm not clear on that, any pics? Thanks.

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
Holodeck

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Seattle
Reply #29 - 02/19/07 at 15:46:50

The J.C. Whitney mini-muffler ?  I know nothing about. Type in baffle and you will see a 2 row beer can, named because the indents look like they where punched in with beer can opener, known in the old days as a "church key"

I bought mine from WD when he worked at the bike shop, maybe he knows where you can get some longer ones.

I slid the bolt into one of the slots used to crush the muffler onto the pipe. The permanet way is to drill a hole , slide the baffle in and bolt it up - tricky

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 04:29:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › white wall tires

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.