Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
New pics after my mods... (Read 942 times)
Five_Points

Columbus, OH
Re: New pics after my mods...
Reply #30 - 03/31/08 at 06:17:02

Hey, Sorry guys for the lack in updates. I don't get much chance to get on here with my work. been slammed lately. I do still have the bike. It now has 10" Z bars, I stuck some tortion style springs under the seat. pinstriped the tank and rear fender, removed the front fender and slapped a tkat fork brace on her, and am in the process of redoing the pipe with a straight drag pipe baffled with a washer. I'll get some more pics of her and slap them up here asap.

WWW   IP Logged
Hutch
Serious Thumper

till death do us
part

Birch Run, MI. U.S.A.
Reply #31 - 03/31/08 at 06:32:44

Five_Points wrote on 03/31/08 at 06:17:02:
and am in the process of redoing the pipe with a straight drag pipe baffled with a washer. I'll get some more pics of her and slap them up here asap.

You aren't talking the old "snuffers" type washer are you? Those were great. Twist for open pipe, twist for washer baffle. They were the rage in the 60's. Pull that big muffler off the 160,250,305 Honda Scrambler and replace with a pair of those. They actualy muffle the sound pretty good, and when open give a lot more acceleration and top end.   Hutch

you learn from your mistakes, and I've learned a lot
  IP Logged
Five_Points

Columbus, OH
Reply #32 - 03/31/08 at 07:19:01

yep, just a DIY deal. welded a washer onto a bolt and will twist it open/closed to get the performace I'm wanting.

WWW   IP Logged
Hutch
Serious Thumper

till death do us
part

Birch Run, MI. U.S.A.
Reply #33 - 03/31/08 at 08:04:31

That is way cool Five_Points, and thanks again for turning me on to those handlebars on e-bay last year.    Hutch

you learn from your mistakes, and I've learned a lot
  IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #34 - 03/31/08 at 12:58:55

I think the brand name of the old store bought exhaust washer/snuffer that people recall was the "Snuff-or-Not" and they had a small spring and wing nut IIRC.  Always wondered what you were supposed to do about jetting the carb with those installed. The bike I most recall a friend having them installed on was a scrambler piped Honda 305cc. And as I recall they did take the sound down enough to get you past the local police.  Cheesy

IP Logged
strangeling

Ex Savage Rider but
always a SAVAGE

Salt Lake City UTAH
Reply #35 - 06/24/08 at 18:16:37

hey Five_points where are the pics you promised ?  Grin

07 S40 Brat BOBBER - Hard Krome drag pipe, header wrap, Cone filter, jetted , harley drag bars, solo seat, chain conversion, seeger forward controls, custom rear fender, fork gaiters.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:19:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New pics after my mods...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.