Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Highway Pegs (Read 9 times)
jonas
Ex Member

Highway Pegs
01/13/07 at 09:39:34

Like many of you, the Savage tends to cramp my taller stature.

I'm trying to find some resource to help me with deceding how I should go about installing highway pegs.  I don't have any expierience with welding so I need to know where I can find a mount I can either buy or build.  Step by step instructions would be helpful.

I found this website

http://www.jonline.org/savage/Tips___How-to_s/HiWay_Pegs/hiway_pegs.html

but I can't see how he attaches the bottom of the mount to the bike.  Any ideas?  Also any ideas on where to get these materials?

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: Highway Pegs
Reply #1 - 01/13/07 at 10:05:33

All that I can say about highway pegs is "you might not want them"...

I put highway pegs on my engine guard, and with my legs up, I felt like I was perched on a bar stool going down the road.  It just felt weird to have my knees that high.  Also, they also make reaching the controls quickly something that takes extra thought when you might not have extra time.

With a taller stature then me, you might find that even more uncomfortable.  Rather you might want forward controls instead.

...my 2 bits

IP Logged
clueless-FSO

Birmingham, Al
Reply #2 - 01/13/07 at 10:29:09

I have had both highway pegs and forward controls. fabricated the highway pegs but took them off when I got the forward control kit from Ed_L. Maybe these will give you an idea.

Same bike in each pic, just different color. Grin

'96 Black "bed liner" paint.. Ed_L forward controls, HD bars with 1"socket risers, 155 main, pod filter, HD exhaust, punched baffle, modded seat, chain drive conversion, slavy mod
one of a kind
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 01/13/07 at 10:39:26

Jon used extensions to allow the pegs to be more forward.  I am considering mounting some to my highwaybar that would swing forward but it's not a high priority item.  I'm somewhere between 5'8" and 5'9" and I like the upright seating position most of the time.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
billy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/13/07 at 16:29:38

Jonas, Jon uses the pipe clamps in the second picture to attach the hiway bars to the down tube just above the bracketts that hold the foot controls.
 Have toyed with this a few times couldn't quite get it right will try again now that christmas is over.

Billy h

IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #5 - 01/14/07 at 06:34:55

we bought the suzuki crash bar off the shelf at the stealership, and added highway pegs from V-TWIN mfrg. many riders prefer multiple feet placement locations on the bike, especially on longer rides. it allows you to wiggle and squirm around a bit.

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 02:39:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Highway Pegs

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.