Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Mini Turn Signals
01/12/07 at 02:45:43

Morning everyone!

Anyone here tell me if these mini turn signals are a direct swap for stock on both bow and stern of the Savage?

Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/mini-turn-signals-chrome-yamaha-honda-suzuki-k...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
steelwolf
Serious Thumper

"I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I
ride."

Trinity, NC
Re: Mini Turn Signals
Reply #1 - 01/12/07 at 04:03:03

They will be on the rear but not the front. The front markers/signals have 3 wires.

WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #2 - 01/12/07 at 06:21:05

They are single filament one wire lamps. At the rear you have two wires, positive and ground.  The ground wire I would reterminate on a large round washer type connector and clamp under the mounting bolt -- that way yo do not rely on chassis ground for the lamp.  On the front we have three wires, turn, run, and ground.  Again I would connect the ground to the mounting stud, the turn signal lead will be connected to the lamp, the runnning light lead will be taped off, labeled, and parked.  You will lose the amber running lights on the front.  If this is legal and acceptable for you, go for it.

I haven't looked at the physical mounting and cannot say if they will physically mount without modifications.

WWW   IP Logged
Five_Points

Columbus, OH
Reply #3 - 01/12/07 at 06:57:56

Like they said, your wiring in the front is a bit different, but no big deal. Your main issue (and one I am sorting through right now too) is mounting the front ones. You'll need to fabricate some sort of mount, as the new lights aren't going to just mount up to the fork clamps in the front. I'll post pics up when I figure out what I want to do with the front ones. I'm sure others have already done this, so maybe they can post pics too.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #4 - 01/12/07 at 07:47:12

I'd like some to mount under the handle bars myself.

As the others say, you'll sacrifice your running lights if you use these on the front

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 01/12/07 at 08:46:21

I have similar on my bike.  To mount on the front, try rotating the stock mount 180' degrees so that the mount holes are now in front of the fork tube instead of behind.  That allowed me to mount mine very cleanly.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Five_Points

Columbus, OH
Reply #6 - 01/12/07 at 08:50:12

got a pic of that?

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 01/12/07 at 17:39:42

Five_Points,
Snapped a shot in the dark, hope it's clear enough.  Save the image to your computer if the view is small.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 01/12/07 at 18:46:47

Well, outrageous as it may seem, I wunner if it would be possible to change the internal socket to an 1157 so you get the 2 filament bulb in that little lamp body? The 1156 & 1157 bulbs are the same glass envelope aren't they? same size? I know the base is same diameter, just different posts that ride in grooves in the base.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #9 - 01/13/07 at 02:58:24

Thanks for all the replys everyone ... wasn't sure of the wiring configuration of the Savage's directional indicators ... and certainly wasn't aware that the front signals did double duty as running lights! In almost 4 years of ownership, I never noticed that before!  Shocked
At any rate, I wouldn't want to loose the extra visibility provided by the front running lights ... love the look of mini directionals, but if I decide to install a set, they gotta be "front running" compatible.
Any suggestions?
Thanks again!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
tbalam

I like my kids, but
I love my bike ;)

Fac o' the Sn
Reply #10 - 01/13/07 at 18:42:28

justin_o_guy wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
Well, outrageous as it may seem, I wunner if it would be possible to change the internal socket to an 1157 so you get the 2 filament bulb in that little lamp body?  

Ask and you shall recieve

http://www.bigcee.com/1157/1157mod.html

1996 Mirage paint, seat lift, 2 #4 washers, 155 main, 52.5 pilot. Removed pillon, belt guard, rear blinker mod, moved battery box. K&N cone, Chain conversion 17/43 (in process). Cam tensioner mod.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 06:33:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Mini Turn Signals

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.