Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
almost what I want (Read 8 times)
john1652
Ex Member

almost what I want
01/11/07 at 13:47:33

here is the latest developement to my 07 Savage. It is so comfy now.  I still need a luggage rack.  any ideas would be appreciated   thanks    john

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: almost what I want
Reply #1 - 01/11/07 at 14:04:18

Since your front fender is black, a couple strategic pieces of electrical tape will help protect it from hitting the tool bag.

Just a thought Roll Eyes

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/11/07 at 18:00:31

John, you have that bike looking great. Looks very comfy, too.
The silver trim on the tank & rear fender looks nice. The backrest looks nice. The seat, man, wadda seat! Where did ya get the tool bag? Was it much $$$? I like the headlight too. Is it plastic like the OEM? if not, I might be interested in one like it. Share sources? Was it hard to install?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 01/11/07 at 18:56:51

If you don't mind moving your tail light, look at some of the harley solo racks.  ebay has tons of them.

BTW: love it!

WWW   IP Logged
sparkett

never ride faster
than your guardian
angel flys!

central florida
Reply #4 - 01/13/07 at 03:52:57

Wow! thats a good looking ride Grin i have not found a luggage rack either, so im going to take the sissy  bar off and go to the next mc flea to try to find one that will line and fit.

1987 pet thingy, dyna muffler,dyna jet carb,K&N cone filter, still working on her!
  IP Logged
john1652
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/13/07 at 06:54:33

justin_o_guy wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
John, you have that bike looking great. Looks very comfy, too.
The silver trim on the tank & rear fender looks nice. The backrest looks nice. The seat, man, wadda seat! Where did ya get the tool bag? Was it much $$$? I like the headlight too. Is it plastic like the OEM? if not, I might be interested in one like it. Share sources? Was it hard to install?

Well thanks for the nice comments. the bag is from walmart was cheap, the headlight is stock but with a visor from ebay for 5 bucks. very easy install   thanks again   john

IP Logged
dypyz0
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 01/13/07 at 10:43:33

John, One of the biggest things I did was install mirror extenders on my bike. I just could not see well behind me with the stock mirror. You can get the extenders at www.koubalink.com  Click on Suzuki Dualsport 2" Mirror Extenders. $25.00 well spent to see what's behind you. We have the 10mm x 1.25mm threads. A very common size in Asian bikes.

05 Black  S40 with Dyna Muffler, rejetted carb.

IP Logged
geo

I'm a Savage

Orlando
Reply #7 - 01/13/07 at 15:31:06

What did you do with the electrical stuff mounted to the top of the rear fender?

Black 2002 Savage with SuperTrapp 13 discs, Dynajet Kit-DJ144, K&N drop-in, NGK-Iridium, Windscreen, Amsoil 10w-40, Metzeler ME880's
  IP Logged
john1652
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 01/13/07 at 18:03:32

geo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
What did you do with the electrical stuff mounted to the top of the rear fender?
the rectifier is allthat was under the original seat and is now under the solo seat living quite well.  john

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 08:21:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › almost what I want

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.