Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
csreamin' eagle, need a rejet? (Read 2 times)
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Re: csreamin' eagle, need a rejet?
Reply #15 - 01/08/07 at 21:07:20

georgekathe wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
also, to help take jets in/ut may want to replace crappy phillips screws that hold the bowl on with allen ones.

You may need needle nosed vice grips to extract the original screws - they're soft as butter. Just take the originals to a good hardware store and get stainless steel allen heads. The one's I bought were just a bit longer than stock but work fine. The size of the originals is posted on this site somewhere ??? Undecided

IP Logged
bigvl800rider
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 01/09/07 at 10:44:38

sounds good, kinda funny, the screws on the carb on my volusia were soft and had to be removed with vise grips, a drill and/ or a dremel.  suzuki, wake up call.  the brass is too soft. Grin

IP Logged
georgekathe
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 01/09/07 at 11:22:05

me again - george - if you have to take top off carb to do spacer mod at same time as replacing crappy screws on float chamber may want to replace the ones that hold top of carb on with allen screws too. sorry did not put  this in earlier. I was lucky & could get the phillips screws out with screwdriver, but know many others on site have had to use vice grips, their teeth & all manner of ways to get the little buggers loose!

IP Logged
bigvl800rider
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 01/11/07 at 16:11:14

john1652 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
yo bigvl800 how do you like the looks of the screamers? wait till ya hear em. all the dogs in the neighborhood will be scramblin for cover.    have fun john     serious though we should get togather when weather turns

well i fired the sav up with stock air filter and jets, nice rumble, not as loud as 3 inch hk big straights that i used to have on the vol but nice sound.  i had to use flexible exhaust pipe to get it to line up right.  looks good for now.  k&n is installed and the jets may have to wait til next week.  kinda stuck on 4-12hr shifts now.  l8r

IP Logged
pgolden
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 01/12/07 at 10:29:04

performance international.com  has the K&N drop-in for $44.69 with free shipping. Part number is SU6595.
make sure you re-jet, and file the white spacer. I ended up with a 152.5 main, and filing the spacer to 1/2 thickness. Get some med grit sandpaper and use your index finger to file the spacer down.

IP Logged
bigvl800rider
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 01/14/07 at 12:22:38

got the filter for 48 with tax here at autozone.  still back firing, no intake leaks, exhaust seems tight too.  i'm at a  loss here.  with the k&n and rejet, would it be bad to run the stock exhaust?

IP Logged
tbalam

I like my kids, but
I love my bike ;)

Fac o' the Sn
Reply #21 - 01/14/07 at 15:02:00

allens are m5's and the accelerater pump screws are m4's seat bolts are m6's.

you should be able to cap the airbox opening with a pvc or rubber cap and leave the breather tube attached with the oem filter for the crank breather problem. Not sure though my cone will be here shortly. also if you do a search on ebay for intercoller tubes, you can get a 180 degree polished aluminum piping to move your cone to either side of the head.

I am going to work on a cone breather mod if possible when mine comes in. I have a couple ideas that might work i'll keep you posted.

1996 Mirage paint, seat lift, 2 #4 washers, 155 main, 52.5 pilot. Removed pillon, belt guard, rear blinker mod, moved battery box. K&N cone, Chain conversion 17/43 (in process). Cam tensioner mod.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 00:25:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › csreamin' eagle, need a rejet?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.