Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
csreamin' eagle, need a rejet? (Read 2 times)
bigvl800rider
Ex Member

csreamin' eagle, need a rejet?
01/08/07 at 10:00:52

just got my screamin' eagle sportster mufflers.  they got "baffles" in there.  i have read about them here and thats y i want to try it.  im running stock everything now.  now do i need to rejet to accomadate the muffler or do i just adjust air/ fuel mixture.  i know on my volusia, i did vance and hines cruzers without a rejet but had to rejet when i put an after market air filter on.  just in case i do, what would be the best jet size.  my savage is an 04, again stock.  thanks for any help.

IP Logged
Hashbrown

What can brown do
for you!

Nashua, NH
Re: csreamin' eagle, need a rejet?
Reply #1 - 01/08/07 at 10:07:18

if you get an airfilter like the K&N i would do 55 pilot and either 152.5 or 155 main.  If your more then two turns out on your mixture screw you want to go up a jet size.  Also you want to do the spacer mod that is posted on the site.

What can brown do for you!
aatif96   IP Logged
bigvl800rider
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/08/07 at 10:41:39

thanks, i called the local stealer and they wanted me to get a dyno jet kit for 70.  stealer is not the correct term here.  gonna call the hd dealer for jets.  thanks again.

IP Logged
Hashbrown

What can brown do
for you!

Nashua, NH
Reply #3 - 01/08/07 at 10:59:42

FYI, the jets are mikuni bs40 large round.  not sure if they will have it, my HD dealer didnt.  only place i could find is ebay.  Definately dont need to spend $50-$70 on dynojet kit when all your gonna use from it are two jets

aatif96   IP Logged
bigvl800rider
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/08/07 at 11:06:56

i put a post in the marketplace to see if someone can get these for me.  locals are a rip off.  gonna check with moms boyfriend to see what he can do too.  do u have the cone style k&n or a drop in replace for stock?  if u got the cone, could u shoot me the part number.  car parts place got them pretty cheap.

IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #5 - 01/08/07 at 11:24:21

Hashbrown wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
FYI, the jets are mikuni bs40 large round.  not sure if they will have it, my HD dealer didnt.  only place i could find is ebay.

It's a very standard Mikuni jet. Just ask any dealer for a large round Mikuni jet. My local stealer ordered mine through Parts Unlimited which is available in nearly any dealership.

IP Logged
georgekathe
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 01/08/07 at 11:40:12

be best if you told everyone on here what sea level you are at - I'm at 4,500' so my main jet is different to most on this site. also tried the spacer mod using washer & seemed to be detrimental so may not need to do that.

also wouldn't buy a cone filter just because it is cheaper round your neck of the woods - believe harder to install than the easy slip out oem slip in K & N slip in like I & many use.

the stealer in town should have in stock jets for mikuni (far as I know all jap bikes run them for a lot less than the dynokit (like $3-5 each - think they cost me nearer to the lower amount). can get couple of mains & switch 'em around for under $10.

If the K & N slip in is a rip in town $ wise you could order off net from say Ron Ayers or similar & to bundle shipping order jets @ same time.

just my 2 cents worth. Smiley

IP Logged
bigvl800rider
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 01/08/07 at 12:00:27

ok, im at about 1000-2000 above sea level, depends on where i ride.  i saw different threads on cone k&ns and drop ins.  i need to be on the "cheaper side" as we are planning on a new house and upkeep on the cages.  oh yeah, wifes on the cheap side when it comes to bikes.  the stealer told me they would have to order the jets.  does matter, will do what needs done so my savage sounds like a bike, not a lawn mower.

IP Logged
bigvl800rider
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 01/08/07 at 12:05:28

on the phone with the stealer as i am typing this,  no jets, we have to order.  price is for a 152.5, 155, and 55 pilot is.....10, its ordered.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 01/08/07 at 12:27:20

Nothing wrong with those prices IMO, the guy I am working with wants $5.00 each for the mains. So far I have 2 & haven't paid for either, but when I get it figured out I will   settle up. I guess when the next order arrives I will settle up. Ther's a K&N drop in coming,$58.00 Shazam that's pricey, & a 6 pack O baffles for the Trapp.

IP Logged
bigvl800rider
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 01/08/07 at 12:44:37

autozone wants 44.95 for a drop in filter, cheapest so far.  weighed the difference of a cone with breather filter, costs a few buck more to do the cone style, plus i want to keep the side covers.  i cant wait to get wrenching.  jets will be here in 3-4 days.  hope i can get it done.  will turn here for help.  thanks again all for ur help on this one.  im sure there will be more.

IP Logged
Hashbrown

What can brown do
for you!

Nashua, NH
Reply #11 - 01/08/07 at 16:05:10

i got my cone for $20 on ebay, i believe they still have alot.  K&N drop in is a little more.  Granted it is easier to slip in the K&N but i love the sound and performance of the cone, more airflow (less filtration though).  You dont even have to remove the airbox (I did to lighten it up), that way you can keep the side covers on.  Just remove the snorkel and replace with the cone.  Clamps right on the carb.  The only other drawback to the cone is misc vacume hoses that come out of the carb and engine.  You can tuck the carb hoses under the frame with a zip tie, but you will need a cheap filter to put on the engine breather hose.  $2 job at auto zone.  

With the cone, you wont need any oil or solutions to buy.  all you have to do is take it out and clean it.  Plus it looks pretty cool under your seat.

aatif96   IP Logged
john1652
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 01/08/07 at 17:20:55

yo bigvl800 how do you like the looks of the screamers? wait till ya hear em. all the dogs in the neighborhood will be scramblin for cover.    have fun john     serious though we should get togather when weather turns

IP Logged
bigvl800rider
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 01/08/07 at 17:51:53

already planning for it.  my father in law is game and my bud from work might be able to go.  wife is considering it too (savage is hers now).  got the jets and kn drop in filter ordered.  all parts should be here by friday.  then its wrenching time---my most favorite time.

IP Logged
georgekathe
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 01/08/07 at 20:52:28

good luck with the wrenching - though you'll get all the help you need on this site you may find the Clymers manaul (get it cheap ex Amazon) invaluable.

also, to help take jets in/ut may want to replace crappy phillips screws that hold the bowl on with allen ones. would help on size but can't recall them - sure someone else on site will be able to help with this.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 00:44:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › csreamin' eagle, need a rejet?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.