new carb? (Read 1 times)
sparkett

never ride faster
than your guardian
angel flys!

central florida
new carb?
01/05/07 at 14:57:51

HI all! where do i go for a carb? giving up on this one.
tia
sparkett

1987 pet thingy, dyna muffler,dyna jet carb,K&N cone filter, still working on her!
  IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Re: new carb?
Reply #1 - 01/05/07 at 15:00:30

Lancer!  if he's still got any... then ebay  Tongue

IP Logged
sparkett

never ride faster
than your guardian
angel flys!

central florida
Reply #2 - 01/05/07 at 15:17:09

Lancer????? Smiley

1987 pet thingy, dyna muffler,dyna jet carb,K&N cone filter, still working on her!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/05/07 at 15:55:02

The title of this thread assures his eventual presence. Just wait, Spark, he will show up.

IP Logged
Fido_the_Cat

" If you don't
ask, They can't say
no!"

Harrisburg PA
Reply #4 - 01/05/07 at 20:19:45

That's a garantee.

While you have his attention I'm looking for some carb jets. I pulled the white spacer and swapping out the stock muffler. I want to rejet 152.5 main and 55 pilot. Do these screw into the top below the diaphram?
I can not find where to drill out the air adjuster on the carb. Yes I have white paint splash on the side  but I looks like a bird put it there. I'm sure no drilling should be done on the paint.
Please help me locate those brass caps. Meantime I will work on the Speedo Rattle, Valve Adjustments, and the Muffler replacement.

Follow me into the twisties.... I'll wait for you on the other side.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/05/07 at 20:34:46

Fido, that speedo rattle is easy. If ya can find some adhesive backed foam rubber about 1/16th" & cut it to fit under the plastic gasket around the speedo. It will soak up the vibes. Did for me. The foam deal came from a window unit air conditioner.

The cap you need to pull is on the right side(as you are sitting on the bike). look for a brass cap with a tiny hole in it. Put some tape on a small drill bit so it won't go deep enough to hurt the screw back there. Drill slow & easy. Then stick a sheet metal screw in it & tighten it with vise grips, then yank it outta there. Drill a small enough hole to let the screw grab . Treat it like a bad tooth. The cap ius toward the front of the carb, just above halfway up, I think. Below the end of a steel shaft? Don't try to drill the shaft,, won't help a thing.

IP Logged
ThumpinSquid
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Near Granite Falls & Robe, WA
Reply #6 - 01/05/07 at 20:35:13

On a related note, is anyone running an Edelbrock or MidWest carb? If so, what models and what do you think of it? Also, as Lancer is sure to stop in, what is the current going rate for one of your Mikunis with all those goodies?

Thanks, and I hope this is all on-topic enough not to count as a hijack.  Smiley

Out of my way, I have to pee!
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 01/05/07 at 20:47:14

Good carb instructions, pictures, labels, the whole enchilada.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1098869040

WWW   IP Logged
Fido_the_Cat

" If you don't
ask, They can't say
no!"

Harrisburg PA
Reply #8 - 01/05/07 at 21:13:37

Thanks Justin. I was out dredging the TECH forum for info. Seems it sits right of the Transient Enrichment Valve. How deep is the tape marker?  Less than 1/4, 1/8"? I have a slide hammer that works fine.
Thanks to Verslagen1 I'm going to have enchiladas.

Follow me into the twisties.... I'll wait for you on the other side.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #9 - 01/05/07 at 21:17:38

HOWDY friends and neighbors!!

This is just a quick in and out, with all the family stuff happening of late we are still working through some of the things and my time has been very short.

I will be posting the 2007 Performance Carb Kits  info very soon ... a few days likely ... with what is available and the prices.    There will be variations, options and a more varied price range in order to make it as affordable as possible to as many as possible.  Kind of a CARB BUFFETT  thing.

There are usually changes in some parts prices with the big distributers this time of year and I need to confirm the prices of the specific parts I use most often before posting the kit prices.  I am shooting for Tuesday or Wednesday and hopefully most of the family duties will be behind us.

**Jets for the stock carbs will be ordered as well.  I am out of #55 pilot and all but #155 and above main jets.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 02:38:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › new carb?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.