Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
progress report, brakes, air box, trapp (Read 1 times)
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

progress report, brakes, air box, trapp
01/05/07 at 14:36:09

I thought the Trapp really didn't do all that much when I started out today. Sure like the sound. Well, what my Hanes Dyno overlooked was, I can't feel the difference in just straight line acceleration. Yea, I can kinda, but, it's not as big a difference as when I went to the 150 jet & punched a hole in the stock muffler. It went from walking to running. Now, with the Trapp & 8 baffles, it runs faster. The deal IS, it runs stronger. It picked up between 2 & 5 MPH coming out of several corners I play in regularly. That's a greatplace to see an increase in performance, for me anyway. I did see an indicated 89 MPH. Haven't seen over 82 in months.Ordered a 6 pack of baffles &  picked up a 157.5 main jet. Not finished playing with it! Wink

Rear brakes. Since I was down with the self inflicted battery failure I went ahead & pulled the brakes out & used a rotary file in a die grinder to cut slots across the face of each shoe. With 6 slots in each there are 14 small segments that contact the drum. It will still lock up. Not nearly so easily, tho, & I am pretty happy with the result. It does still squeal even tho I paid close attention to working the leading edges to an easy angle. Owell, I can handle squealing brakes over sliding tires anyday.

The airbox. Heck, I have no idea if it helped or hurt or did nothing because I didn't do it all by itself. I am, therefore, allowing myself to believe it was a great feat of engineering & without that the bike wouldn't even run. ohh yea.. sure. Anyway, I refigured the volume added by this little mod. It works out to just under 500 cc & since it isn't connected to the area behind the filter without any restriction it MAY be developing a pulse that enhances OR runs counter to good induction. I will never know...
I tHink I am still getting around 45 MPG with the mods & absolutely wringing the things neck.

I have to tear into the carb & replace the main & while I am in there I will measure the needle. There are replacements for about $4.00 that have the grooves in the top & have a taper to them. I also have to look at the pilot cuz the guy at the shop doesn't know which one to order. Anyone know that part number? 55 pilot?

Ohh yea, it does get a small wheelie if ya goose it taking off now,, Thats Cool!

THANKS! To all of you who went there before. I could have NEVER done this without the information & support the good people here offer. You people ROCK!

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: progress report, brakes, air box, trapp
Reply #1 - 01/05/07 at 15:00:12

on the rear brake squeal - if we assume all dust was  washed out - light sanding of both the shoes and the drum stoped mine for awhile - in the end some new EBCs went in and haven't heard a sound since.

On the pilot jet you have two types - I can not tell the difference Mikuni n151.067 (non-bleed) and BS30/96 (bleed holes)

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/department.aspx?Division=6&Department=66...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Re: progress report, brakes, air box, trapp
Reply #2 - 01/05/07 at 15:05:38

Thanks, I'll call the shop Monday & have it ordered. The only ones in the catalog had holes in it. One looke like it had an upset that a hose could be slipped onto & a hose clamp put on it, the other didn't.
I'm not gonna take it apart to sand in there. Someday when I am changing a tire I'll go for EBC's & will I need to cut them, too or do they not lock up so bad?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 00:44:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › progress report, brakes, air box, trapp

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.