sparkett

never ride faster
than your guardian
angel flys!

central florida
Hot bike
01/04/07 at 04:56:58

Flames in the tail pipe Shocked
took her to bike night . she stalled out and the back wheel locked, flames shot out of the tail pipe. while starting her up again she shot out flame five times and then ran fine to get the rest of the way there. started fine and ran home ok, but HOT. when the key was turned off it sounded like water trickling inside and the speedo fogs! tank got so warm it was hissing a little too. seems like she only wants to ride in cold weather!
What do i need to fix now ???

1987 pet thingy, dyna muffler,dyna jet carb,K&N cone filter, still working on her!
  IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Re: Hot bike
Reply #1 - 01/04/07 at 05:47:01

WOW!  Shocked we have to admire your determination, i can assure you, if it were mine, it would be hot too, from the match i set to it!  Roll Eyes to run that hot, would imply a very lean condition. flames in the exhaust would imply a rich condition. with your carb fattened up, i think i would double check the cam timing (somebody else mentioned that previously), ignition timing, and any other adjustment parameter i could think of. basically i would start at square "A", and methodically work through the entire motor, until everything has checked and verified 3 times. as much as i dont like the CV style carb, i think your problems go beyond that. we ran debby's savage all summer, and we're over 100* everyday for more than 100 days, and it NEVER ran that hot.

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #2 - 01/04/07 at 08:23:39

is there oil in the bike?  what kind of intake setup do you have?

IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Reply #3 - 01/04/07 at 12:35:16

Quote:
is there oil in the bike?

What!?!  The oil goes on the INSIDE of the bike?   Shocked

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
sparkett

never ride faster
than your guardian
angel flys!

central florida
Reply #4 - 01/04/07 at 16:21:19

already reset the timing, she seems better and then Shocked another thing ???
oil just changed 2 days ago, its in there, except for a 3 drop leak( if she would just behave santa brought her amsoil!
yes the oil is on the inside! Im taking care of her now Grin

1987 pet thingy, dyna muffler,dyna jet carb,K&N cone filter, still working on her!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 06:22:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hot bike

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.