Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What mods should I make to get the most, (Read 7 times)
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

What mods should I make to get the most,
12/22/06 at 11:40:55

out of the Trapp?  I am ready to spring for the Supertrapp & want all the get up & go I can get & still get upper 40's or better MPG. Currently I am using a 150 main & the stock pilot. I have pulled the airhorn & have a stock paper filter. Milage is just the pits at about 32.Maybe the exhaust is just too restrictive? I did poke a hole in the inside of it, but it still sounds like a constipated gerbil.

What role does the iridium plug play in the power equation?
I don't mind spending a bit of $$$ but I sure need for it to return performance & still provide MPG. I really can't afford to spend much experimenting & since there are several here who have been down this road I hope to benefit from your experience.
Lancer, what is the deal with your carbs? I see some are running carbs from you & seem very happy about it.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: What mods should I make to get the most,
Reply #1 - 12/22/06 at 13:53:47

32mpg?
I think there is a mechanical problem.  I am running a 150 main too.  I got 48mpg when my petcock vacuum was leaking, otherwise it's been low 50's to high 60's depending on how hard I ride.  Sometimes very hard!  
Is it running bad?  How many miles on it.
Before making too many mods, you might want to make sure your starting from a solid mechanical foundation.  Otherwise you can end up trying to rejet to overcome the problem instead of for the mods.  Things can get wonky doing it that way.  I know....  been there.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/22/06 at 17:49:31

Things were all dandy till I jetted & messed with it. 13,000 miles, been getting about 50 mpg till I piddled with it. Runs real good. Tons of fun. Definite improvem,ent in powqer since I jetted it & messed with the exhaust. It's sound. Thanks for the input, but I think I just jetted it & left it with too much backpressure. At lkeast that's what I am hoping! If I find out different I will let ya know so you can say " I TOOOLD ya so!"

IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #3 - 12/22/06 at 19:15:20

Yeah, something's not right with your carburetor. With a Supertrapp, I'd go to a 155 main jet, 1/2 white spacer, and slow mix out a couple turns. Personally, I'd stick to the stock air filter with no snorkel. You'll get plenty of air.

I run a 157.5 main jet and get 52 - 55 mpg.

IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #4 - 12/22/06 at 19:16:36

Those recommendations are based on your living at sea level. If you're at elevation, you need a smaller main jet.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/22/06 at 23:53:04

We are at 365 ' above sea level in East Tx. Plenty humid most of the time. When the bike is all warmed up & the temp drops & humidity is high, darn thing runs goood.

Thanks for the input

IP Logged
Hutch
Serious Thumper

till death do us
part

Birch Run, MI. U.S.A.
Reply #6 - 12/23/06 at 12:13:06

I too get about 52mpg with a 155, full white spacer, and 55 pilot. Accelerates like mad. I live in Michigan so don't know about sea level. Hope it's just your pipe

you learn from your mistakes, and I've learned a lot
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 04:46:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What mods should I make to get the most,

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.