Enfield store (Read 9 times)
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Enfield store
12/19/06 at 20:16:49

Hi- has anyone tried any of the royal enfield store's parts for modifications?  I was thinking of checking with the local RE dealer to see what they can get and adaptability to the Savage.  Focusing in on the single sprung seat and perhaps pillion ?  Just curious if anyone has been down this route.  If you search Royal Enfield usa you;ll get a lead to the "store".

IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Re: Enfield store
Reply #1 - 12/20/06 at 08:11:27

The vintage dirtbike crowd I hang with was buying aluminum fenders from the Enfield website. I didn't hear of any problems. The prices are really good (the parts are made in India). Go for it  Smiley

IP Logged
Hutch
Serious Thumper

till death do us
part

Birch Run, MI. U.S.A.
Reply #2 - 12/20/06 at 10:00:52

Trippah,
    When you go to the dealer ask for the accessory catalog. It has all kinds of things that might be adapted. I have the tan solo seat on my Bullet. SO comfortable. It's like you are floating. Much nicer than some of the other seats I have used. If you call the distributer( their is only one in the US) ask for Teri. A great lady. They will UPS anything to your door. Great people to deal with.
               Classic Motorworks
               1220B 4th St NW
               Faribault, MN 55021
               1-800-201-7472
                FAX 507-333-0782

you learn from your mistakes, and I've learned a lot
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #3 - 12/20/06 at 15:58:21

Thanks for the resposnses.  Hutch, do you think that seat is more comfortable than out wonderful Savage seat?  I'd like to be able to ride 6-8 hours, which right now is about 5-7 more than I can do with the stock unit.

I tried to find the dealer listed in Worcester today, no luck.  Will try the folks out near UMAS when I return from XMas stuff.  

and to all, Merry Christmans/Happy & Healthy new year.

IP Logged
Hutch
Serious Thumper

till death do us
part

Birch Run, MI. U.S.A.
Reply #4 - 12/20/06 at 17:00:33

Trippah,
        You know the savage seat doesn't really feel that bad to me, but you got to consider I have been riding hard tails for most of my life. I will say that the seat for the Bullet is a spoiler for sure. I can do some measuring cause now that I think about it, you could probably make a bracket from the top shock bolts across the bike to mount the springs to. They make a narrower seat, but it reminds me of the old weggie type, if you know what I mean. The wide one is a dream and you can get it inBlack or Tan. Vinyl ($199) or leather($275). It comes with the springs,front mount, and a bracket for the springs to mount to that could be fabbed to fit the Savage. Let me get the tape out tomorrow and I'll see if it could be a possibility. Like I said she is a spoiler.

IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #5 - 12/20/06 at 18:01:56

I looked at that brown leather solo seat myself. I would have gotten it but I found a cheap one online, but never figured out a way to adapt it. That Enfield seat looks nice. Some Enfield parts have a user review section there on the website where owners comment on the parts they've bought. Haven't checked on the seat in awhile.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
Hutch
Serious Thumper

till death do us
part

Birch Run, MI. U.S.A.
Reply #6 - 12/20/06 at 19:10:05

Well I couldn't wait till tomorrow to start measuring and I checked it twice. I see no problem with being able to mount this seat on the Savage, with a little mod to the mounting brackets that come wityh it. It will increase your seat height a bit. When you set on this thing you can feel a little air whoosh out just like a lazy boy. My Bullet weghs less than the Savage and rides more like a 500lb bike. Smoooth.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #7 - 12/20/06 at 19:32:39

Hutch- thanks for taking the time to measure and l think modifying the mounting bracket should be doable.

What do you think, vinyl or leather?
Leather always seems so much nicer but vinyl is more practical, I suspect.

Definately tan so I can rationalize a repaint job. Grin

Of course, a better seat does means a larger gas tank becomes very necessary, doesn't it.

Babbalou - thanks for the note. I missed the comments section on my earier skim through the site.  I was kinda visualizing some of the parts on Suzi, the proverbial kid in a candy store reaction.

IP Logged
Hutch
Serious Thumper

till death do us
part

Birch Run, MI. U.S.A.
Reply #8 - 12/20/06 at 20:15:40

Choices, choices, aint life a bummer? I have the "leatherette"(vinyl) and I actually think it is softer than the leather. Paint job hey! Isn't it amazing how one thing leads to another. I don't think any bike is finished as long as you own it. Been that way with me anyway.
   HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY!!!
                Hutch

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #9 - 12/21/06 at 19:27:00

Well, just taking a page out of my wife's Play book
1) Honey, the curtains are sooo old and ratty, we need a new treatment (The word treatment shulda set off the alarms).
2) You know, those old windows let a lot of air in, I noticed when measuring for the new curtains.
(So now we are , for two windows $100.00 each for the curtains, and $150. each  for replacement windows.
3) Hon, the new windows and curtains look great, but the trim is just in too rough a shape, you should have replaced it also. OK. $100. a window for molding/trim.
4) Hon - doesn't the old carpet look blah, and the color doesn't go with the new curtains: a mere $500. for a pseudo-oriental.  Which makes the colorful victorian wall paper clash terribly, can't sleep thinking about it.  $600. and four weekend days (Which were GREAT RIDING days later)ithe wall paper no longer clashes.  Thank heavens.
Except, Honey , the antique rope bed just doesn't look good, the wood color is all wrong.  
6) Fortuneately she spotted a "Mahogany four poster Pinapple bed for only $400.
and best of all, she points out, the newish box spring and mattress from the rope bed fit the new bed, saving us HUNDREDS of dollars.   Guys, we don't stand a chance. Grin Grin Grin
So I think change of seating should lead into a paint job..I hate those color clashes too.

IP Logged
Hutch
Serious Thumper

till death do us
part

Birch Run, MI. U.S.A.
Reply #10 - 12/22/06 at 08:09:22

Sounds logical to me. You can always thank your better half for giving you the "Artists eye" if you hear any grumbling about the plan.
      Hutch

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 12:30:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Enfield store

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.