Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Parts I have on order. Anything else I should look (Read 5 times)
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Parts I have on order. Anything else I should look
12/18/06 at 18:30:37

Okay, as ya'll know I am currently in the process of modding my Savage with the help of all of ya'lls advice.

Currently I have a Jardine slip-on muffler installed. Have removed plug over air mix screw, and have done the half spacer mod.

I have ordered:

K&N Drop in air filter
Front brake pads
Rear brake shoes
#55 Pilot jet

I have a 152.5 Main on hand

Now what else do ya'll suggest. I keep seeing mention of swiss cheesing the air box. In what area of the box to you propose I should drill out?

Is there anything else that can and should be done with very little monetary expense involved?

After I get engine running the way I want, I will be starting on looks.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Re: Parts I have on order. Anything else I should
Reply #1 - 12/18/06 at 18:50:36

Ride it w/o swiss cheese air door first and see how it feel. Remove the intake snorkle and try to ride and see. If you must go on, try remove the air door completely and see how it ride. If none of the above please you Shocked, drill the the air box door then. I found the ride w/o the air box door is lousy. I don't know how it ride w/t swiss cheese door. I am happy with stock filter and de-snorkle intake set up. Happy tinkering Smiley

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
steelwolf
Serious Thumper

"I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I
ride."

Trinity, NC
Reply #2 - 12/18/06 at 19:12:04

I agree. I drilled the door to my airbox and my bike ran like crap so I bought a new one(eBay) to replace it. I then proceeded to remove the snorkel and that proved to be a better alternative. With the K&N I would suggest starting with the snorkel removal and then work it from there.

WWW   IP Logged
john1652
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/19/06 at 12:41:57

If you happen to have long legs like I do, you could purchase different front pegs. Mine are off an old Sportster. They are not very big around and they gave me an inch and a half more room . I know that doesn't sould like much but it is a real difference. I found them on e-bay under harley pegs. I think I paid about 15 bucks with shipping. They have rubber all the way around them, not the chrome and o ring ones I see on e-bay. Oh I almost forgot you need to ream the bolt hole just a little to get the savage bolt in thanks    john

IP Logged
TVR_FSO
Serious Thumper

I'm Ya
Huckleberry....

Frisco, Texas
Reply #4 - 12/19/06 at 14:10:42

If you are going to put the cone filter on, no need to cheese the door. I cheesed mine to see how it would breathe. Seems to be just fine. If that didnt work, I was going to the cone.

2004 Suzuki Volusia, modding in progress
WWW   IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #5 - 12/23/06 at 04:33:06

Call me silly but exactly what area are you referring to when you mention the intake snorkle?

I now have all the parts I ordered and will be putting the bike back together later today.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 12/23/06 at 04:53:53

I think ( hope) they are referring to the rubber piece that goes just under the seat. It is what the air goes thru first as it begins it's journey into the airbox. It makes the inlet tighter than necessary. Pop the seat off & look straight down at the path the air takes entering the airbox, you'll see it.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #7 - 12/23/06 at 05:02:23

justin_o_guy wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
I think ( hope) they are referring to the rubber piece that goes just under the seat. It is what the air goes thru first as it begins it's journey into the airbox. It makes the inlet tighter than necessary. Pop the seat off & look straight down at the path the air takes entering the airbox, you'll see it.

Thanks, I'll look into it. (no pun intended)

IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #8 - 12/23/06 at 05:34:07

i opted to swiss cheese the air box door, because the snorkel area got a little cluttered, when i moved the regulator there, to accomodate my version of the sportster seat mod. how ever you opt to do it, you need to add air flow to the intake.

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
georgekathe
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 12/24/06 at 09:16:58

might want to change the brake fluid (should be done every 4 years they say) & @ same time replace brake line for steel one for greater braking power/feel. Lancer on site here sells them for less than cost of oem crappy rubber one (under $50).

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 15:13:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Parts I have on order. Anything else I should look

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.