Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
OOOPs! Mileage Tanked! Under 35, yukkk (Read 7 times)
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: OOOPs! Mileage Tanked! Under 35, yukkk
Reply #15 - 12/19/06 at 06:39:12

This '95 here turns in a steady 52-54mpg on my commute - #152.5 main, #52.5 pilot(stock), 1 3/4<>2 turns out on the mixture, stock air cleaner/intake box, Jardine pipe, IR sparkplug, and a Memphis shades hellcat wind screen. The bike also has a screw in temp gauge at the oil filler and a tach, both get used. In the summer here if the temp pushes to 100c I'll park it for awhile and take it very easy on the bike until it hits 80c.
I try to cruise this bike @ 3200-3500 rpm and it's rare to ever shift over >5k - so it's fairly light on the throttle with this bike most of the time - now the '02 and the guzzi get the dog ran out of them.

If your only seeing 35 or less you can't even hit 100miles before your on reserve?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 12/19/06 at 07:06:56

I hit reserve at 70 & put anouther few on it getting to the station, less than 5, & took 2.2 gallons. I will admit I ride like it pretty hard. I don't "wring" the throttle accelerating, but I do roll it on as the speed comes up & hold it in its torque as the speed climbs. I don't just hod it wide open & wait for the bike to catch up to thye throttle & stop accelerating. I have roads out here with no stop signs for miles. Coming home from town I get to run about 7 miles with only 2 stop signs. Going to town the same way I have 4. One way to town there is a road with twists & turns for about 3/8 of a mile that would make any bike rider grin. I have to ride that pretty easy, tho, cuz they are not turns I can run at & come out on the wheels.

Hey, BTW, I found out how many leaves it takes on the road to create a hazard. In a turn, NOT that many,, anything more than a single layer seems to allow for a certain amount of slippage. I wonder what the folks living on that road would think if I went & swept it so I could play Ricky Road racer in front of their house?
Anyone know how to repair a small circular plug pulled out of the seat?   Grin

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #17 - 12/19/06 at 07:22:40

Man aint that the truth - get them a little wet and dang - naw just leave the hole in the seat you'll just bite it out again

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #18 - 12/19/06 at 08:44:12

I don't accelerate hard constantly but it does happen regularly.  Even when I accelerate hard a lot I still get about 45 MPG.  I know this may sound stupid to some folks, especially those who check theirs regularly, but check your tire pressure.  I adjust mine a lot when we get these wild temp swings.  80° one day and then 40° a day or two later affects pressure, which affects handling and mileage.  Just put a velcro patch on the seat.  It's easier to replace next time.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 12/19/06 at 09:20:18

Thanks for that advice, I have a tire gauge in the bag on my bike. I check the pressure regularly. I have seen a definite handling drop off with just 28 lbs instead of 30 cold pressure. I have checked pressure after a ride & had as much as 35 psi, recently, not summertime.

I am considering returning to full white washer to see what that does.
I am not seeing any leaks in the vents or anywhere else.
NOW I am wishing I hadn't poked that hole in the inside of the muffler,,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 03:33:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › OOOPs! Mileage Tanked! Under 35, yukkk

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.