IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Re: plastic headlight
Reply #1 - 12/13/06 at 21:26:41

I'm waiting for mine to break so I have a reason to upgrade it Grin Grin

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
SAMM
Serious Thumper

No lay down crotch
rocket for me

Portland Oregon
Reply #2 - 12/13/06 at 21:42:32

Mine was broke when I bought the bike...Used duramix from a body shop  ... It has lasted fine

My Bike My Mistress ( so my wife calls her )
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #3 - 12/14/06 at 06:40:58

SavageDude wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
I'm waiting for mine to break so I have a reason to upgrade it Grin Grin

I getting tired of waiting.  Might have to take action.  I want a 7" diameter headlight.

WWW   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #4 - 12/14/06 at 18:45:12

Put a tool roll on the handlebars. Put some tools in it. Ride over any bump bigger than a cigarette... You'll break it off.
-WD

Paladin, pm or e-mail me...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #5 - 12/14/06 at 19:34:48

Mine broke off at the mount. Didn't know it was plastic until then. The chrome was bubbling up on top anyway. I put a 7" metal one on, which wasn't made for this bike (is anything? Wink) so that took hours of handmaking several brackets for it until one proved functional.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #6 - 12/14/06 at 21:38:03

WD wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
Put a tool roll on the handlebars. Put some tools in it. Ride over any bump bigger than a cigarette... You'll break it off.
-WD

Gosh, I just did that very thing a couple of days ago. Oh boy! Only ridden about 15 miles since putting the tool roll on though. Just the same, I might as well get to shopping for the new headlight I wanted anyways.  

Gee honey, I know you asked me to stop spending money on the bike, but you can't expect me to ride it with a broken headlight! Grin

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #7 - 12/14/06 at 22:13:26

I replaced mine with a cheap Chi-com chrome 5.75" bottom mount. Metal bucket and mounting hardware. Couldn't find any 7" bottom mount, the 6.75" is ugly (has "speed lines" cast in to look like a Headwinds), and the 4.5" (even with an H4 bulb and faceted reflector) is too small to keep from getting pulled over.

My original replacement was off a 450 Rebel. It got detroyed when my stepson wrecked the bike in October 2005. And is rather expensive to replace (several hundred dollars new, ouch). The cheapie chi-com is about $60. And worth about 75 cents. What a piece of junk...
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #8 - 12/15/06 at 02:30:55

Mine was broken and repaired. Fitting a new headlight shortly. Have to drill 1 hole in between the 2 existing ones.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-HARLEY-CUSTOM-5-3-4-SMOOTH-BULLET-CHROME-H...

The hole in the bottom of the shell needs enlarging if you have to stuff all the ori wires in. I deleted the fork mounted blinkers and modified the cable loom.

Greetz
Kropatchek Grin

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #9 - 12/15/06 at 06:53:20

The stock bucket on my '02 started to crack on the top last year, ended up getting a cheepo all metal headlight off the internet with a center mount. Had to drill a hole in the tripple tree to make it fit. Gave the bike a different look. Was looking for a rectangular headlight but didn't find any that I liked.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #10 - 12/15/06 at 13:02:35

Kropatchek wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
Mine was broken and repaired. Fitting a new headlight shortly. Have to drill 1 hole in between the 2 existing ones.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-HARLEY-CUSTOM-5-3-4-SMOOTH-BULLET-CHROME-H...

The hole in the bottom of the shell needs enlarging if you have to stuff all the ori wires in. I deleted the fork mounted blinkers and modified the cable loom.

Greetz
Kropatchek Grin

Great minds think alike  Smiley I was combing through my hundreds of Savage pictures last night and picking favorite accessories from one bike after another. That style headlight came up as my #1 pick, but I hadn't located one yet. Thanks for the link to that seller, and heads-up on having to mod the wiring. Changing the turn signals is also on my to-do list anyways.

Oh BTW, I'm sure you've been asked many times, but what is the pistol shown in your posts? I don't immediatly recognize it.

IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #11 - 12/16/06 at 07:30:03

Rockin_John wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
Great minds think alike  Smiley I was combing through my hundreds of Savage pictures last night and picking favorite accessories from one bike after another. That style headlight came up as my #1 pick, but I hadn't located one yet. Thanks for the link to that seller, and heads-up on having to mod the wiring. Changing the turn signals is also on my to-do list anyways.

Oh BTW, I'm sure you've been asked many times, but what is the pistol shown in your posts? I don't immediatly recognize it.

Glad to be of help, that's were forums are all about: exchanging information.

Now for the gun:
It's a Mateba, made in Italie. Cal. .38 and .357 Mag.
I call it a "Pistolver" as it is a selfloading revolver. C0ck the hammer once and the recoil moves the upper part of the gun backwards thereby c0cking the hammer again.
With the forward movement of the "slide" the cilinder is unlocked and rotated to the next chamber.

Greetz
Kropatchek Grin

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
Dr_Jim
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 12/16/06 at 16:00:15

-

« Last Edit: 12/23/07 at 20:22:25 by Dr_Jim »  
  IP Logged
mavrik

Toronto
Reply #13 - 12/16/06 at 18:55:47

Oh It's Plastic alright...... Dropped my bike the first day, Two days later it fell off. Crack+ vibration=break

The wires just kept it swinging in the wind Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 03:19:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › plastic headlight

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.