Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
the saga continues! (Read 11 times)
mickthelimey
Ex Member

Re: the saga continues!
Reply #30 - 12/15/06 at 20:27:15

Sounds like you are getting to much gas,have you checked the float needle? could have fallen out,or is not in there at all,just a thought

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
  IP Logged
sparkett

never ride faster
than your guardian
angel flys!

central florida
Reply #31 - 12/16/06 at 05:37:19

Hi All!
    :'( Sad news. I gave up!! Ran all the diagnostics in the clymer for the electronics and it all checked out, still she wont run Angry SOOOOO.... she got trucked off to get looked at.Thanks for all your help, learned tons about her and think i can fix ALMOST any small things that go wrong.Maybe she just likes to ride in the truck?

1987 pet thingy, dyna muffler,dyna jet carb,K&N cone filter, still working on her!
  IP Logged
Tim_C
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 12/17/06 at 11:27:02

Did you try doing a compression check?I hhad a burned exhaust valve at 18K miles...drove me crazy....well,O.K., ...crazier.

IP Logged
sparkett

never ride faster
than your guardian
angel flys!

central florida
Reply #33 - 12/17/06 at 16:36:50

they looked fine 100 miles ago, Smiley when the engine went back together.and the "rag and finger" over the hole test was good. and the put gas in the plug hole thing had her spitting gas out the muffler.  Well, found a shop that would look at her, dealer wont work on an 87! ??? see what they find.kinda got the mechanics goat. went to see if they had the mix screw Before i drilled it out, he said he was pretty good at extraction, sooo.zipped home /took off carb/ zipped back -- time: 20 min! lol Grin
so now he is "sure " he can get it to start! couldnt beleive i was back so fast. think he wants to "show me"?! Bet she confuses him a little too! just afraid how much labor he will put into it$$$ Shocked

1987 pet thingy, dyna muffler,dyna jet carb,K&N cone filter, still working on her!
  IP Logged
georgekathe
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 12/17/06 at 17:36:02

I can't add any advice to your link, sparkett, other than good trying to figure it out! seems late now even if I had avice, anyway.

however, I have been reading your link & would really like it if you were to post what it was just so I know you are back in the running!

IP Logged
sparkett

never ride faster
than your guardian
angel flys!

central florida
Reply #35 - 12/17/06 at 18:07:42

You bet i will! She got me thinking and scratching my head a lot, and I kept working through the problems. cam chain, timing( slipped a tooth on reassemble) run ratty(adjust valves) carb flooding( needle rubber tip had a hole) mix screw buggered. Cant wait to learn what i missed or need to learn Grin I will be happy to share this one with all,for the next person who winds up in this spot. Well, if there is ever a carb race i know i can take mine off in 20 min or less lol
thanks to all
Sparkett

IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Reply #36 - 12/17/06 at 22:56:26

As an aircraft mechanic, I love that moment of "Ahhh, so that is what's wrong." Keep us posted on progress Wink

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #37 - 12/18/06 at 04:47:22

Carburetors are just great fun, eh?

I had to put one out of it's misery once ... very sad ... but very satisfying after I finished making aluminum dust with the sledge hammer.   Grin

IP Logged
sparkett

never ride faster
than your guardian
angel flys!

central florida
Reply #38 - 12/18/06 at 10:36:51

What is it with you guys and  the Hammer??? I just threaten  her with e-bay! Grin Just kidding, but I hope she is going to straighten up!

IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #39 - 12/18/06 at 22:09:18

sparkett wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
What is it with you guys and  the Hammer???

It’s a primeval thing. You see, the hammer was the original tool, as well as the original weapon. So when a man is reduced to his base instinct he searches for the biggest hammer within reach.

As the old saying goes though: Since all tools are descendant from the hammer, any tool may be used as a hammer. But by thinking that way, you might approach all problems as though they were a nail!  Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 13:23:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › the saga continues!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.