sparkett

never ride faster
than your guardian
angel flys!

central florida
Re: the saga continues!
Reply #15 - 12/14/06 at 03:42:39

What type of hammer???

1987 pet thingy, dyna muffler,dyna jet carb,K&N cone filter, still working on her!
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #16 - 12/14/06 at 06:08:23

Battery is a good voltage? - like over 12.3 hopefully higher than that pretty important - ing module won't fire hot enough @ 12.3 or under to run - it will put out a visible but weak spark down at 12.26 but will not run

Right after you try to start it pull the is the plug wet and smells of gas?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 12/14/06 at 06:10:42

The plate that goes on the diaphragm, the one that has the 2 little bolts holding it, CAN be installed upside down & binds the needle up. The tiny teat goes down. I have no idea what that would do if ya did goof that up,

IP Logged
sparkett

never ride faster
than your guardian
angel flys!

central florida
Reply #18 - 12/14/06 at 09:39:59

is that where the spacer is? those were boogered up and i couldnt check to see if spacer was mod or not. battery has a full charge. charged it last night.

1987 pet thingy, dyna muffler,dyna jet carb,K&N cone filter, still working on her!
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #19 - 12/14/06 at 11:29:41

I hope you didn't get carb cleaner on the rubber parts.  It eats them up.

WWW   IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #20 - 12/14/06 at 11:37:56

sparkett wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
is that where the spacer is? those were boogered up and i couldnt check to see if spacer was mod or not. battery has a full charge. charged it last night.

check it's voltage with a digital voltage multimeter cheap very handy device

IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Reply #21 - 12/14/06 at 16:46:29

Reelthing wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
Battery is a good voltage? - like over 12.3 hopefully higher than that pretty important - ing module won't fire hot enough @ 12.3 or under to run - it will put out a visible but weak spark down at 12.26 but will not run

Right after you try to start it pull the is the plug wet and smells of gas?

I agree with Reelthing here. When my battery is on the verse of slow death, it will cranking the engine twice or three time the most. But it will not fire up. I have to use my auto charger w/t starting setting to start my bike. It run fine until I got to work and the SAGA begin again. I had to ask my 2 coworkers to put start Suzi. It took a couple try until I push the start switch while I slowly release the clutch in 2nd gear. The coworker were breathing out of their ears when all is done Grin Maybe you can recruit someone to help you out. Wink

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
sparkett

never ride faster
than your guardian
angel flys!

central florida
Reply #22 - 12/14/06 at 16:55:56

Battery charger has the quick start on it, still wont catch. plug smells like gas and so does air coming out of tail pipe. bowl gets gas. hear air sucking in and out so compression seems ok.only thing- air gas mix screw is so buggered it wont turn now Sad think its  gonna be all it gets at 1 1/2 turns :'( tips on getting it out and replacement?

IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Reply #23 - 12/14/06 at 17:14:19

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
sparkett

never ride faster
than your guardian
angel flys!

central florida
Reply #24 - 12/14/06 at 18:22:58

Thanks, but the carb came apart easy, just the resessed mix screw has me crazy. even found out that if i just take the top of the battery case off  and lift the tank and prop it up the carb will twist in or out without too much wrestling.tight fit but doable!

IP Logged
sparkett

never ride faster
than your guardian
angel flys!

central florida
Reply #25 - 12/14/06 at 18:31:06

Oh yeah, I have a meter and the charger reads 13.21! did i mention im an electrician? And a mechanics daughter?Think Dad's laughing? Miss him, he would probable find this and i would just have to grin and bear it!

IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Reply #26 - 12/14/06 at 21:00:42

Have you tried with a different plug instead of the one on the bike now? Since you an electrician, you know how electronic stuff can behave mysteriously. Maybe the plug cracked  and won't fire correctly. Just a thought Undecided .  

PS: I found this thread
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=RubberSideDown;action=display;n...

Maybe you can use to fix the messed up air screw.

IP Logged
sparkett

never ride faster
than your guardian
angel flys!

central florida
Reply #27 - 12/15/06 at 03:09:31

Thanks. the  carb is coming off again! Roll Eyes but im getting really fast at it Grin wish my screw was sticking out like the one in the pic, that one i could work with. this one is recessed in almost a 1/4 inch. almost all the way tight. guess the spring must have broken :'(  or rusted away. guess 19 years is its life span.explains the "crunchy" sound while the screw would still turn tho! will get a new plug for good luck too!

IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Reply #28 - 12/15/06 at 09:04:36

Squirt some oil in there to get some lubrication for the air screw. You might have to let it sit over night for full penetration. You are not the first to mush out that screw Smiley I did mine too and ending up having to buy a screw extractor to get it out (Yes, more tool Grin) What happened was the brass shavings from the screw head work their way into the thread thus make it harder and harder to back the screw out   Angry. Take your time on this extracting saga or you ruin the carb for good. Happy wrenching Smiley

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #29 - 12/15/06 at 09:15:33

did see a used one on ebay for $50 if you get tired of messing with this one

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 13:28:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › the saga continues!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.