Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I'm ashamed to ask***forgive me (Read 14 times)
john1652
Ex Member

I'm ashamed to ask***forgive me
12/09/06 at 14:09:37

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
I am really loving my savage it is an 07 and I am in the process of making it my own. I like the solo saddle minimal look of bobbers so this is my desire. So don't think by my next question I would ever abandon the Savage, but it just isn't my cup of tea to drive it on long interstate trips. Do I need to explain this?  So that is why I am considering another bike, not to replace by rather to give the savage some company on those long cold nights in the garage,(actually it spends some time in the dining room), The bike I am looking at is a honda shadow 1100 with about 60,000 miles it looks great runs great, but I am not sure of the miles. Does anyone own one and is that too many miles. Would you jump on and ride to Florida with that many miles, without being worried about problems. Anyway it was only 27 degrees in western Pa. today but beautiful sunshine so I took a chance bundled up in my duo-fold long johns and put about 100 georgous miles on her today. people sure look at you funny when you ride on a day like this, but hey I was toasty warm.... see ya      john

IP Logged
bigvl800rider
Ex Member

Re: I'm ashamed to ask***forgive me
Reply #1 - 12/09/06 at 15:06:09

60k is a bit much.  whats the price?  if we were talking a goldwing, i would say ok for the miles as my friend got one with 62k and it runs good.   i got an 03 volusia and 04 savage.  the vol is mine, the savage is for sale and i ride it from time to time.  point being the 800 is a great all around bike, highway, back roads, anywhere.  plenty of power, alot of mods available and prices are good, new or used.  oh yeah, were in west pa?  im here in cambria co, johnstown to be exact.

IP Logged
Fido_the_Cat

" If you don't
ask, They can't say
no!"

Harrisburg PA
Re: I'm ashamed to ask***forgive me
Reply #2 - 12/09/06 at 18:29:27

I was out running around today for about 4 hours; eastern PA, across the river from Harrisburg. I really wanted to be out today, saw a few in my travels but one of the stops required that I have the truck-- so that's what I had.
I would take the Savage to Florida if I had the time, money, and if it was properly serviced before the trip. I would not take a used bike on distant trip like that without knowing more about the quirks of the bike.
Happy Trails on your side of the Range.

Follow me into the twisties.... I'll wait for you on the other side.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 20:45:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I'm ashamed to ask***forgive me

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.