Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Replacement seat (Read 8 times)
Savage = HD eater

So Cal
Replacement seat
12/03/06 at 15:35:31

I have a 1998 LS 650.  My son rides it and I'd really like to upgrade the seat.  I know the S40 is the replacement bike and it has a "gel seat" option but it has to be modified.  Is the mod easy for a doof like me?  Would it be better to buy a less expensive custom?

When I'm on the VTX, I'm a smooth operator but when I ride the Savage, I'm back to the basics!!! (and loving it!)
  IP Logged
geo

I'm a Savage

Orlando
Re: Replacement seat
Reply #1 - 12/03/06 at 20:06:56

I have the same problem with my 2002 LS650.

HELP! Will somebody suggest a good replacement seat? Give us a vendor and part number. Give us one that can be installed easily without welding, cutting, drilling, or other intrusive operations.

Black 2002 Savage with SuperTrapp 13 discs, Dynajet Kit-DJ144, K&N drop-in, NGK-Iridium, Windscreen, Amsoil 10w-40, Metzeler ME880's
  IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #2 - 12/03/06 at 21:09:10

The gel seat isn't much improvement from what I've read on this board. To get a real improvement, go with a Sportster Custom seat. You can find info here. Do a search.

Sorry Geo, no bolt on seats are available (besides the Suzuki gel seat).  I just got an Airhawk cushion. It seems to work nicely, but is rather expensive  :'(

IP Logged
Savage = HD eater

So Cal
Reply #3 - 12/03/06 at 21:15:46

tell me a little more about the airhawk.  Is it really a noticeable difference?  I looked online at this product and it seems like it would be a less expensive alternative.  I'd be interested in knowing how long you ride with it and how long you've had it.

When I'm on the VTX, I'm a smooth operator but when I ride the Savage, I'm back to the basics!!! (and loving it!)
  IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #4 - 12/03/06 at 21:44:31

Savage = HD eater wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
tell me a little more about the airhawk.  Is it really a noticeable difference?  I looked online at this product and it seems like it would be a less expensive alternative.  I'd be interested in knowing how long you ride with it and how long you've had it.

In the past year or so I've used a sheepskin pad, a sheepskin and gel pad, and the Airhawk.

The order I listed them can be applied to their pricing as well as comfort. All are a definate improvement over just the stock seat. My Airhawk is fairly new, but I used it for a day long ride and it really is very comfortable. I'd like to put more miles on it before I rave about it, but, so far I like it ALOT. No butt burn whatsoever.

I just Googled it after my previous posting. I have to agree with the reviewer. I have not tried the beads but I've read good things about them.

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/accessoriesandgear/motorcycle_seat_comfort_p...

IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #5 - 12/03/06 at 21:46:03

I'd be interested in knowing how long you ride with it and how long you've had it.

Like I said, I recently got it. The ride I took on it was probably 300 miles. It worked nicely.

IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #6 - 12/03/06 at 21:50:48

Is it really a noticeable difference?

It's a huge difference. With the stock seat (one of the worst ever), butt burn will set in very quickly (maybe 30 or 40 miles). The first ride ever with the Airhawk was over 200 miles and no burn at all. Like night and day Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 18:38:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Replacement seat

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.