Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Progress report..Fork brace question (Read 5 times)
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Progress report..Fork brace question
11/25/06 at 19:48:57

With the 150 jet installed & idle mix adjusted out several turns & idle jacked up a bit it didn't die & give me trouble like it has been.
I took the tank off ( Hey, didn't have to drain the tank! Thankks to whoever explained what it takes to get it off the easy way.)& replaced the white washer with a washer 1/2 the thickness.
I adjusted the idle mix after I got back from a run into town. I kept closing & closing till it closed off completely & still was running fair. Opened it up till it smoothed out & called that good. Very few turns, can't remember exactly what it was, tho.
The speedo didn't rattle. Maybe I got it, I want to run it more before (I decide I won that little rasslin match.
Here's what I did tho. While I had the tank off I pulled the speedo & cut some adhesive backed thin foam rubber & cut it to fit under the speedo gasket. It is now stuck to the tank & cut so close to the shape of the speedo gasket it's not a problem.I got it with a window unit air conditioner. I think the stuff that goes under a camper shell on a pickup might work but it's a lot thicker & more gray than black. It might trim dowwn with a razor blade & a black sharpeee might fix iit right up.

Here's something I have been meaning to mention ever since I found this place. My bike had a fair bit of slack in the throttle cable. I tightened it up & now I am a lot more consistant exiting corners.

MPG dropped to about 40 after the carb stuff. I was getting about 50.Am I just gonna have to factor the added cost of running this bike against the measurable increase in the grin factor?

How do I pick the right fork brace?  I will be ready to get one in a week & I want to start shopping.

IP Logged
Steve530
2005 No Login

Knoxville, TN
Re: Progress report..Fork brace question
Reply #1 - 11/25/06 at 20:23:20

Sounds like you're making big progress.

The fork brace is easy.  The Superbrace 3335 is the only commercial fork brace available as far as I know.  

There was one person made a limited run of custom fork braces for the Savage. He may still a some left, check the marketplace forum for details.

'97 Black / 1/2 white spacer
155 main jet / 55 pilot jet / Dyna muffler
snorkel removed / K&N drop in / seat raised
Slipstreamer SS30 windshield
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 12:22:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Progress report..Fork brace question