Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
suzuki c50 seat ? (Read 5 times)
Woody
YaBB Newbies

Flora, Illinois
suzuki c50 seat ?
11/23/06 at 16:23:50

Does anyone know if it is possible to put a seat off of a C50 on a savage/s40? I've looked the threads over and haven't found any thing on this. Would appreciate any info you could give. My wife and I occasionally ride 2up and the s40 has plenty of power but not quite enough room on seat. Thanks!

2005 S40, dyna muffler, seat mod
  IP Logged
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Re: suzuki c50 seat ?
Reply #1 - 11/23/06 at 17:08:57

Well, I have both and when I pulled the seat off the C50 to set it on the Savage...I don't think it would work.  It could probably be done, but fitment and attachment points would have to be fabricated.  So, in other words, it might be possible, but it wouldn't be a simple operation.  They use different types of mounts.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
Woody
YaBB Newbies

Flora, Illinois
Reply #2 - 11/23/06 at 17:37:47

Thanks for the input, I've even thought about trying to come up with some other configuration on the backrest, cause it sticks over the back part of passenger seat about an inch. That would give us alittle bit more room. I just don't knowfor sure what to do. Any info is useful, like someone on here once said, "Necessity is the mother of invention." So, I guess I'll just keep trying. By the way, this is such a great site. Just knowing that there is alot of riders with the same problems/questions is a comfort in itself.

IP Logged
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Reply #3 - 11/24/06 at 06:10:48

Several of the folks here have had good success with putting a Sportster seat on their Savage.  That seems to work for them pretty well.  

As for the sissybar, it is possibly to cut the pad apart and pull it off, leaving just the metal.  At that point you could manufacture a slimmer pad using a thin piece of plywood, some foam, and vinyl.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
Woody
YaBB Newbies

Flora, Illinois
Reply #4 - 11/24/06 at 16:32:58

Thanks, I might have to go that route. I haven't been able to come up with anything else. On a better note, the weather was great here in southern Illinois today, me and my better half got in some ridin. Twas very nice. See Ya!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 06:18:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › suzuki c50 seat ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.