Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
oil not draining (Read 3 times)
ST1
Ex Member

oil not draining
11/22/06 at 05:31:47

I was changing the oil adn filter last night in my 02 savage and got very little oil out when I pulled the drain plug.  I checked the sight glass before I pulled it and it was okay.  I got less than a pint, even with the bike level.  I let it drain overnight and not much more came out.  So I fired it up and let it pump out as much as I thought safe.  The manual says it should hold just over two quarts, but I still don't think I got over two quarts out of it.  Anybody else have this happen?

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: oil not draining
Reply #1 - 11/22/06 at 05:47:28

are you sure you pulled the correct plug? - there is one on the front of the engine that will do that - but the correct drain plug is over by the kickstand next to the frame rail

IP Logged
ST1
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/22/06 at 07:01:56

The one I pulled, and the only one I saw, is on the right side, same side as the oil filter on the bottom of the engine.  Impossible to get to without a box end wrench.  I didn't see one on the left side  by the kickstand but I'll look again.

IP Logged
luken

Mesa, az
Reply #3 - 11/22/06 at 07:13:03

I'm pretty sure there is a diagram somewhere here that shows where the oil plug is.  If somebody hasn't found it byt he time I get back from work I'll scan one.

Black 02, 55 pilot 155 main, 1/2 spacer, seat mod, sporty muff, air pod.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/22/06 at 07:14:25

When sitting on the bike by the left foot under the engine is a plug that is up out of sight a bit. A box end is the answer rhere, too.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #5 - 11/22/06 at 07:54:23

here's a pic of where it is - sort of hid back there

IP Logged
ST1
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 11/22/06 at 09:40:21

Yep, I went home during lunch and found it.  Right where I didn't look the first time.  Thanks for the help.

IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #7 - 11/22/06 at 12:40:59

Just a thought, but a Clymer's manual might help take some of the guess work out of maintaining your cycle. A heck of a lot cheaper than what could have happened running up your engine trying to pump out the last vestiges of oil in the crankcase.  Roll Eyes

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 16:29:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › oil not draining

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.