Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Shut down at a stop sign & no crank,,, (Read 3 times)
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Shut down at a stop sign & no crank,,,
Reply #15 - 11/22/06 at 00:42:33

Justin, I had the same problem with my bike. it just all of a sudden died and I had nothing. i took the battery out and it tested good. After like 4 frustatiing hours, I found the problem in the kickstand. Its not the switch, I tried that a dozen times. look under the kickstand and you will see a large bolt. I tightened it and it fired right over. I have no idea why it was the bolt, but it definatly was the problem. It has came loose a couple of times and each time it just wouldnt start

IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Re: Shut down at a stop sign & no crank,,,
Reply #16 - 11/22/06 at 02:12:36

You said the engine stopped at the trafic sign , that can happen if you close the throttle rapidly, no problem.

Then you was in a hurry to get the engine started, maybe you forget to pull the clutchlever, or the sidestand was not completely retracted?

Trouble shooting electrical problems start at the source: the battery and its connections.

Then work your way up to the component that's not working.

Electrics? It's like magic, read this:

One day I started by bike to go to the gasstation to refill.
When I wanted to start again the only noise was a rapid clicking sound from under the seat, what the F%$#k.
Pushed the bike home and after taking the seat off I discovered that the sound came from the starter solenoid. Luckily I had a spare so replaced the sol.

Bike started right up, problem solved? NO WAY

Started the bike maybe 5,6, or more times over a period of a couple of days.

Then , one day , nothing, no juice, only the green neutral light and when hitting the starter button no lights at all.

Battery flat?
Decided to take the battery out and recharge it.

Seat off again to reach the negative terminal.
Well, that was the problem: LOOSE connection

Also the CDI works only when powered by electricity, maybe an intermittend loose connection that caused the engine to stop.

Happy trouble shooting.
And when you're at it also check the general negative wire. That's the little wire attached to the big negative wire. It has a connector about 8" away from the battery: disconnect, clean and reconnect.

Greetz

Kropatchek 8)

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 14:31:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Shut down at a stop sign & no crank,,,

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.