Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Music on the Go (Read 5 times)
mavrik

Toronto
Music on the Go
11/10/06 at 15:42:06

Hello Savages, Newby question.....I just got a new ipod. is it cool to cruise with tunes?

Can you hear them over the road noise? is it legal?

I'm in Canada so I won't be able to test this out till spring. Just wanted any feedabck on this topic.

Born to be wild is my first tune...got any other ideas. thanks Great site

WWW   IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Re: Music on the Go
Reply #1 - 11/10/06 at 17:27:27

My $.02, you have enough distractions trying to stay alive without plugging your ears and zoning out on music. I'd advise against it, legal or not. Now that is not to say you can't wear ear plugs to reduce wind noise, as the ear plugs actually help you hear better by knocking out a lot of distracting harsh noise from the wind, but I wouldn't replace that noise with another.

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
mavrik

Toronto
Reply #2 - 11/10/06 at 17:32:11

Thanks Rogue, It sounded good at the time but I agree with you it's distracting. Undecided

Maybe I'll invest in ear plugs instead Cheers

WWW   IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #3 - 11/11/06 at 16:16:47

You're welcome. I have an Ipod also and I really like it, but I found it distracts me when driving my cage sometimes, so I know I could not chance it trying it out on a bike. I really like music, but the roar of the wind, the engine, the headlight rattle, and occasional backfire, will have to be the music for now.

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
bholly12

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Starkville, MS
Reply #4 - 11/12/06 at 05:40:48

About headphones, I travel a good bit (via the company plane, dual turboprop jobber, loud!) and I bought a pair of Shure headphones on eBay.  I got a pretty good deal & they're amazing at reducing ambient noise.

2006 Euclase Silver Metallic S40, Dyna muffler, K&N drop-in, 1/2 spacer mod, 152.5 main.
WWW   IP Logged
DianeS.

Love my 2000 savage!

Ontario, Canada.
Reply #5 - 11/12/06 at 15:03:22

I think one of the new hondas is coming out with a speaker by the handlebars for such a purpose, but I'm with the folks who feel it's better to avoid any distractions.

I believe driving a cage with headphones on is illegal in Ontario.

My jardine is loud enough, and personally I like to just enjoy the scenery and be in my own headspace.  Being out on my bike is one of the few times I get any alone time - from the hubby, kids, and students I teach.

DianeS.

Green 2000 Savage purchased in Nov. 2005. Memphis fat windshield, Willie and Max Saddlebags, jardine slash cut muffler, engine case guard, Metzler 880 ME tires, fork brace, and carb re-jetted.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 21:12:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Music on the Go

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.