Send Topic Print
Swing arm retaining nut (Read 2 times)
cybofax
YaBB Newbies

Manchester - UK
Swing arm retaining nut
11/09/06 at 08:33:04

Hi All,

Does anyone know the size and/or thread of the Swing arm pivot nut?  I've got one on order but the eta is about 4 weeks so I thought I would try and find a standard nut in the interim.  I'm guessing it "should" be metric, however the availability of metric sizes seems to go from M12 (a tad too small - same as a lot of car wheel nuts) to M16 (used for towing hitches) but nothing in between.  It seems slightly larger than an M12 but much smaller than an M16 - so I'm guessing M13? M14?  It looks as if it is a special for this mounting though  :'(

'88 stock-ish
  IP Logged
Steve530
2005 No Login

Knoxville, TN
Re: Swing arm retaining nut
Reply #1 - 11/09/06 at 23:09:58

M14  with a  2.0 pitch is a standard size.  M14 with fine threads has a 1.5 pitch.

I don't think I've ever seen a m13.

'97 Black / 1/2 white spacer
155 main jet / 55 pilot jet / Dyna muffler
snorkel removed / K&N drop in / seat raised
Slipstreamer SS30 windshield
  IP Logged
cybofax
YaBB Newbies

Manchester - UK
Re: Swing arm retaining nut
Reply #2 - 11/10/06 at 07:32:21

hey - thanks for the quick response - now that I know what I'm looking for - I've found a couple of  sites that sell M14 nuts.  Here's hoping I can get the original stripped swing arm nut replaced shortly so I can get out and ride with out side hopping everytime I twist the throttle!
I'll be refurbishing the swing arm over the winter (not looking forward to doing the needle bearings tho'! - Mr Clymer has but the sreaming hab-dabs up me regarding all the special tools that are required to remove and insert the bearings)  Ah well - if all else fails - I can always post a query on suzukisavage.com!   Smiley

'88 stock-ish
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 12:32:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Swing arm retaining nut

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.