Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
cam chain adjust (Read 5 times)
Bikemom28
Ex Member

cam chain adjust
11/05/06 at 15:15:57

Hi all!!! I am new to this sorta stuff. I have a 1997 suzuki savage ls650 and i was woundering where the cam chain adjust is at and how to adjust it. I looked all over the site and couldn't find any info. If anyone has any info. on how to do this it would be greatly appreciated.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: cam chain adjust
Reply #1 - 11/05/06 at 16:39:29

did you use search feature??try cam chain....bike has internal cam chain tension adjuster..only need to adjust valves unless bike has excessive miles on..or chain is noisey..
suggest you get a service manual or clymers manual if you plan on any self maintenance.... Smiley

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Bikemom28
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/05/06 at 19:12:10

did you use search feature??try cam chain....bike has internal cam chain tension adjuster..only need to adjust valves unless bike has excessive miles on..or chain is noisey..
suggest you get a service manual or clymers manual if you plan on any self maintenance....  

Yeah, We even to the service manual but the service manual on the web just pointed us to the air filter. The bike is needing work due to it being left out for 4 years in the weather.Other than that it's ok. It is rattling and we are adjusting the valuves tommorow. If anyone could help in telling me where it's at that would be great the service manual online was no help. Undecided

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #3 - 11/05/06 at 19:27:44

pm'd back

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #4 - 11/05/06 at 19:43:50

One Greg's pic was what I found in the tech section - if you look at about 2 o'clock on the clutch pack - that is bottom half of the cam chain adjuster - it had fallen apart during Greg's digging around - it is spring load automatic and is not manually adjustable - if it's rattle'n odds are the cam chain needs to be replaced as it has stretched far enough for the adjuster to no longer function - if the chain breaks the engine is likely toast - it's not real hard to change - a proper manual would be very helpful - as well as the microfiche on many of the parts sellers - like ronayers.com and crotchrocket.com

IP Logged
Bikemom28
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/06/06 at 04:46:18

Reelthing when I Messaged you back I for got to say Thank You!! You have been a great help. Smiley.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 02:23:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › cam chain adjust

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.