Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Belt removal (Read 1 times)
luken

Mesa, az
Belt removal
11/06/06 at 11:56:29

Hey I searched the forums but didnt see anything...if you know where it is a link would be appreciated Smiley

So as you may know I got a flat the other day.  Instead of trying to find a way to get the whole bike down to the dealer I figured I would just take off the rear tire and take that down.  I thought I would be done an hour ago Tongue

Anyway, I have the clymer, and I'm at the part that says just to take off the belt.  I have the tire loose, pushed up as far as I can go but I just cant seem to manage to get that belt off.  Am I missing something?  It seems like I have about an inch of slack and thats it with the tire pused all the way up.  Needless to say Im getting pi$$ed spending my whole day off on this.

Any suggestions?

I guess if I take off the axle bolt I can push it up as far as I want...not what the  clymer says tho

Black 02, 55 pilot 155 main, 1/2 spacer, seat mod, sporty muff, air pod.
  IP Logged
Savage Bobber Dave
YaBB Newbies

Lets ride !

NY/NJ
Re: Belt removal
Reply #1 - 11/06/06 at 12:04:30

I had the same problem...i said the hell with this and i put some fix a flat in it and road it to the dealer....the tire has an inertube, so it shouldnt do any damage to the tire...good luck ...and if you do ride it to the dealer try to go slow..... Undecided

REER= Ride to Eat Eat to Ride !
WWW mea4dxl   IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #2 - 11/06/06 at 12:06:15

I have it up on a jack to make it easier - you just pull the belt to the side (inside) of the rear sprocket and roll the tire  

IP Logged
luken

Mesa, az
Reply #3 - 11/06/06 at 12:33:08

Got it!  I put the front wheel off the driveway at an incline, put a jack at that flat part behind the tire and just hammerd the axle out.  Once that was it the belt just popped off.  Now im off to the dealer.  Thanks!

Black 02, 55 pilot 155 main, 1/2 spacer, seat mod, sporty muff, air pod.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 11/07/06 at 11:35:41

Holly cow Dave!
Either your legs are really short or really long!
Love your Fuel Gage!
How about some more pict's!

WWW   IP Logged
Savage Bobber Dave
YaBB Newbies

Lets ride !

NY/NJ
Reply #5 - 11/07/06 at 15:08:00

my leg sticks out when i ride...im trying to get more pics to show off the bobber

REER= Ride to Eat Eat to Ride !
WWW mea4dxl   IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 11/08/06 at 03:48:18

After you take the tire off once by yourself, its a snap to put back on. It will help if your putting the tire back on by yourself to have a phone book handy. I just roll the tire upon the book til I can align the shaft with the holes in the wheel and slide it thru. When you go to adjust the belt forget the adjusting tool that came in the tool kit  Just adjust so you can bend the belt 90 degrees. It will almost seem loose. Too tight and it will squeal.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 12:24:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Belt removal

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.