Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thanks! (Read 1 times)
pmanntex
Ex Member

Thanks!
11/04/06 at 11:31:58

Sold the 01 Savage today.  I provided the new owner with info about this group so the website so be nice to the newbie!!!!!!

Thanks for the info on this site.  May lurk here from time to time otherwise be spending more at IntruderAlert Cafe after buying the S50

Reflections on differences between Savage vs. S50/Intruder:

Having driven the 05 S50 for a month after owning the Savage for 6 months, here's some comparison info FWIW.

seat comfort  S50 is a quantum step above the Savage

Gas mileage Savage no contest (650 ccvs 819cc)

Suspension/ride smoothness S50 no contest

Tires (IROCS on Savage vs Bridgestone on S50)  IROCs provide more sure ride in cornering and on wet pavement.

Ease of Maintenance Savage; the V-twin is stuffed on the S50 leaving very little open work space in between.

Ride/Cornering  oddly the S50 is better despite it being
longer.  has tighter turning radius than the savage which had drag handle bars.  The S50 seems better balanced for doing low speed technical manuveing.  The 80 lbs of increased weight in the S50 vs. Savage seems to be well distributed. S50 has a slightly higher center of
gravity which,combined with the rest,makes steering feel more responsive in turns.

quality of parts S50 screws can actually
be removed without being stripped

Summary I enjoyed the Savage alot but now enjoying the S50 even more.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: Thanks!
Reply #1 - 11/04/06 at 12:20:56

Grin Congrats! The S50/Intruder would likely be my choice if I ever decided to move to a larger displacement Bike ... I hope you enjoy many carefree, safe miles with the S50!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Thanks!
Reply #2 - 11/06/06 at 03:03:42

I know, I know, you think you have made the right choice in going over to the S50.  But just remember, in the wee hours of the morning when you begin to stir, and the dreams and visions are swirling, and your heart starts to pound ... boom ... boom ... boom ... it is really the big thumper talking to you instead, saying "come back, come back, come back"

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 04:24:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Thanks!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.