Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
extended cables/hose for apes (Read 153 times)
wannachop
Ex Member

extended cables/hose for apes
10/20/06 at 17:44:12

Looking for some premade cables/hose for some apes on a 95 savage. if you have any insight please let me know.
Thanks.

IP Logged
steelwolf
Serious Thumper

"I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I
ride."

Trinity, NC
Re: extended cables/hose for apes
Reply #1 - 10/20/06 at 20:25:16

Talk to Lancer.

WWW   IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #2 - 10/21/06 at 08:34:18

wannachop wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Looking for some premade cables/hose for some apes on a 95 savage. if you have any insight please let me know.
Thanks.

Don't know what is available in your area, but one of our local "old fashioned" cycle shops (not a dealer for any brand, but lots of used bikes, and a salvage out back). They custom make cables with about any ends or lengths needed. Stainless brake hoses are available at many online suppliers if not local to you. Another thing you need to consider is that all your wiring will have to be spliced longer.

IP Logged
wannachop
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/21/06 at 12:59:25

wiring will not be an issue.
I am new here so, Who  is Lancer? is this a company?

Thanks

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #4 - 10/21/06 at 13:13:04

wannachop wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
wiring will not be an issue.
I am new here so, Who  is Lancer? is this a company?

Thanks

Lancer is one of our members and an authorized dealer for several suppliers who make Savage/S40 items.  Look in the member list and either send him an email or a PM.  I have purchased several things from him in the past, including my Amal Mk2 carburetor, my Hard Krome muffler and most recently a set of Barnett clutch springs.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
luken

Mesa, az
Reply #5 - 10/21/06 at 14:11:46

Thats great info, Ill happily go through him for my parts!

Black 02, 55 pilot 155 main, 1/2 spacer, seat mod, sporty muff, air pod.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #6 - 10/21/06 at 17:00:54

luken wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:

I sent the parts/prices to you via msg.

IP Logged
MOPAR
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 10/21/06 at 19:00:58

Lancer would you please send me the info also on cables and hoses I would need to go with 12 inch high rise bars.
Thanks

IP Logged
georgekathe
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 10/21/06 at 22:54:27

you can get steel braided brake hoses @ a very good price with all new hardware from HEL out of FL - www.helusa.com - phone Graig Neils 561-844-0374. he's a good guy to deal with - call him & he'll call you back @ his expense. tell him you heard about HEL from our web site!

any length for under $50 - tell him make, model, year & how much longer do you want it from stock (he supplied me with slightly shorter than stock for my almost flat bar set up)

there is a posting on technical part of site on installation.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #9 - 10/22/06 at 06:04:48

I have had several inquiries on this so I will post the info here to save time.

**Note:  These are suggested retail prices from Barnett ... all members of this forum will receive a 10% discount on any product I have, whether from Barnett, Sudco, Nonlinear Engineering or Thunder Products.

Quote:
I get all of my cables and hydraulic brake hoses from  Barnett Performance Products, and each is custom made per order.  They cost more than a stock item because they are better than a stock item.

Item             Cost                                                                      Discount

Hyd brake hose (Stainless braid only)  $46       $41.40
Clutch cable  (Black vinyl)       $51                     $45.90
     (Stainless braid)     $58                               $52.20
Throttle cable ( BV )      $35                               $31.50
      ( SS braid )        $52                                   $46.8

Expect about 12-15 business days for the manufacture and shipping.  They are very busy now days.

The columns would not line up for me so please try to interpret what I am trying to do here.  The black numbers are suggested retail and the blue are the discount prices.  Shipping is extra and will be actual cost.  The more I can include on any given order will lower the overall cost per item when shipping from Barnett to me especially.  They have a minimum of about $12 regardless.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #10 - 10/22/06 at 06:07:42

luken wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:

Luken,

I did not send you the complete message yesterday.  I was exhausted from an all day event I had attended and sent you the message before I got all of the info on it, which was the discount prices.  My apology for the error.

IP Logged
steelwolf
Serious Thumper

"I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I
ride."

Trinity, NC
Reply #11 - 10/22/06 at 08:52:14

What about length Lancer? Do we need to measure the length we need or can you get the right sizes going by the bar rise?

WWW   IP Logged
georgekathe
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 10/22/06 at 23:10:14

I know I have been touting HEL brake line but looks like (unless shipping is $9) Lancer beats them on price of line & obviously if you are buying longer line & cables  it makes sense to go "on stop shopping."

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #13 - 10/23/06 at 04:28:08

steelwolf wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
What about length Lancer? Do we need to measure the length we need or can you get the right sizes going by the bar rise?

My preferance, especially if you have your high bar already, is for you to measure for your cables/line.  That way, which ever way you may want to route them or how snug or loose you may want them, you will be sure to get exactly what you want.  I would suggest that you leave the bottom ends of the cable attached as normal and put up the new bar and then measure the distance from the end of the old cable/line to where the new cable/line will attach on the bar, which will be the # of inches to be added to the stock cable length.  I do not know if I have any old stock cables laying around so measure those as well just to be sure.  
I tend to make my cables slightly longer than stock but you may like your own shorter and tighter, especially if trying to clean up the look when doing various mod's.

IP Logged
Jake650
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 03/27/20 at 20:22:45

LANCER wrote on 10/22/06 at 06:04:48:
I have had several inquiries on this so I will post the info here to save time.

**Note:  These are suggested retail prices from Barnett ... all members of this forum will receive a 10% discount on any product I have, whether from Barnett, Sudco, Nonlinear Engineering or Thunder Products.

Quote:
I get all of my cables and hydraulic brake hoses from  Barnett Performance Products, and each is custom made per order.  They cost more than a stock item because they are better than a stock item.

Item             Cost                                                                      Discount

Hyd brake hose (Stainless braid only)  $46       $41.40
Clutch cable  (Black vinyl)       $51                     $45.90
     (Stainless braid)     $58                               $52.20
Throttle cable ( BV )      $35                               $31.50
      ( SS braid )        $52                                   $46.8

Expect about 12-15 business days for the manufacture and shipping.  They are very busy now days.

The columns would not line up for me so please try to interpret what I am trying to do here.  The black numbers are suggested retail and the blue are the discount prices.  Shipping is extra and will be actual cost.  The more I can include on any given order will lower the overall cost per item when shipping from Barnett to me especially.  They have a minimum of about $12 regardless.

Lancer,

Are you still available for this? If so I sent you an email.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/28/24 at 04:04:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › extended cables/hose for apes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.