Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
CHIRPING SOUND (Read 10 times)
georgekathe
Ex Member

Re: CHIRPING SOUND
Reply #15 - 10/25/06 at 18:09:59

I know thumperclone tried to get his out & couldn't & both our mufflers are new. Grin

IP Logged
Charley992002
YaBB Newbies

If I Have to
Explain, You
Wouldn't Understand

Dallas, TX
Reply #16 - 10/26/06 at 14:14:30

I have used candle wax (actually one of the wife's bathroom candles)  Grin rubbed on the edges of the belt inside and out.  If you don't have a lift, no worries, just do what you can reach and then move the bike until you get to the next section not waxed.  The wax leaves a little residue so it is easy to see.

Charley, N. Texas

IP Logged
conchscooter
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 10/27/06 at 00:38:56

On my Savage (a 2002) the chirping is from the little triangular covers next to the battery. the rubber  doo-hickeys need support and i stuff electrical tape in the slots when i reassemble the covers. It helps for a while. When you hear chirping put your hand on the cover and magically it will disappear. My belt only  squeaks when its drying out after rain.

IP Logged
Fido_the_Cat

" If you don't
ask, They can't say
no!"

Harrisburg PA
Reply #18 - 10/27/06 at 20:00:27

I'm not sure I came across this problem yet. (02 Savage) I have the chirping that seems to be the muffler mounting Although now that the muffler is tight the chirping returns but the bike is just throttling up, not moving. This is not  to be confused with the rattle from the speedo which took me months to find it. BTW found it here on one of my early visits, great place for all that is "Savage" I welcome your suggestions because I have yet to find the chirp that seems to come out of the muffler, you say check the belt? I never thought to look there.

Follow me into the twisties.... I'll wait for you on the other side.
  IP Logged
luken

Mesa, az
Reply #19 - 10/28/06 at 08:29:06

I have the same problem.  An 02, only chirps when I accelerate.  At first I thought it was a leak in the muffler, but the sound is coming from the carb.  I took it apart and checked everything in it twice.   As far as I can tell the belt is fine (5k miles).  I have just resigned to get a screamin eagle so that I cant hear it.  Tongue

Black 02, 55 pilot 155 main, 1/2 spacer, seat mod, sporty muff, air pod.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 23:33:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › CHIRPING SOUND

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.