Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
It's here, It's on, and It's LOUD! (Read 17 times)
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Re: It's here, It's on, and It's LOUD!
Reply #15 - 10/29/06 at 01:13:44

ratdog472 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
One of those would be interesting as a turn down..    Let it rumble off the pavement.

If the sliding track bracket was in the right position to mate up the the Savage bracket, I would have liked to turn it down!

However, if you line the stock Savage bracket up with the track on the muffler, it points the cutout up at about a 35° angle.

If I keep it on the bike it will require me me to fabricate a hanger bracket to go between the muffler and stock Savage bracket, just to keep it pointing straight out. Rotating it to a downward exhaust exit would leave the sliding track right out on top of the muffler. That wouldn't look too good  Wink

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #16 - 10/29/06 at 05:06:21

You do not need an extra bracket ... just take a good sized adjustable wrench, tighten it on the end of the muffler bracket where the bolt hole is, and bend it into the position which will hold the muffler the way you want it to.

IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #17 - 10/29/06 at 10:44:30

LANCER wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
You do not need an extra bracket ... just take a good sized adjustable wrench, tighten it on the end of the muffler bracket where the bolt hole is, and bend it into the position which will hold the muffler the way you want it to.

I understand what you're saying, but there is enough difference in angle and distance between the two, that just cold bending the existing bracket won't work. Not even with my 24" adjustable wrench and a cheater bar!

Only if I were to do what we in the heavy equipment manufacturing business used to call "H&BTF" (Heat & Beat To Fit) will the stock bracket twist around to the track on this muffler.  I'm probably going to avoid that solution, and just make a good solid bracket to go between. Grin

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #18 - 10/30/06 at 06:16:44

Gotcha ... with the situation as you describe that sounds like the way to go.

Don't ya just love the smell of hot metal in the cool morning air?   Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 01:24:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › It's here, It's on, and It's LOUD!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.