Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mustang seats (Read 11 times)
Trouble
Ex Member

Mustang seats
10/16/06 at 17:05:25

Has anyone tried to replace a stock seat with a Mustang seat ? My tailbone is getting tired of my Savage seat. Thanks for any replies. Cheesy

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: Mustang seats
Reply #1 - 10/16/06 at 19:58:52

Mustang does not list a saddle for the Savage, so you'll be adapting someone else's saddle to fit.  As far as I know, no one makes a replacement saddle specifically for the Savage/S-40.

Cindy has a Russell Day-Long.  

I'm looking at getting a Bill Mayer Saddle, mainly because they do Ride-Ins and I'm only an hour and a half away.

WWW   IP Logged
Trouble
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/16/06 at 20:18:37

I'll check out that site. Thanks. I also e-mailed the Mustang people to ask if they have plans to produce a seat for the smaller bikes. For now I guess it's gonna be bike shorts for me !!! Tongue

IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #3 - 10/17/06 at 06:38:03

the stock sportster seat is nearly a perfect fit, with a little creative bracket building. with that in mind, any corbin, mustang, saddleman seat designed for the sportster should be an easy fit also. just a thought.

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #4 - 10/18/06 at 06:19:50

Mustang is the preferred seat for long distance cruising in the Honda cruiser forum I read. If you could adapt a Sportster Mustang seat you'd have a very comfy ride. It won't be any more difficult to adapt than the stock Sportster seat.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #5 - 10/18/06 at 16:57:49

GGGGGood grief- I live about half hour from three rivers, didn't even know the mustang plant was there. Embarrassed
I must admit that ugly pillow job looked good to my sore butt.  Trouble- I gather they indicated no plans for a eat for the savage??  Or did they simply not reply?  If i go there in person, that might be harder to do. Cheesy

IP Logged
Trouble
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 10/18/06 at 19:34:50

Trippah, they said they do not make seats or accessories for the Savage.  Sad They gave me another site to visit but it was for crotch rockets. If I were more confident in my mechanical skills, I would try doing the Sportster seat. Maybe I'll look into the Butt Buffers. I hear they're comfy.  Grin

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #7 - 10/18/06 at 20:47:57

I think I'll go over there very soon and see if I can talk to someone- find out if any of their harley sportster seats could be easlily modified.  I t seemsas though their prices are fair and the workmanship good. Will let you all know what happens..

IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #8 - 10/18/06 at 22:45:00

I'm new here, had my 2k Savage for a year. I put a V-Star seat on my bike and it's a very easy mod. Basically all that needs to be done is to bend the flanges for the stock seat on the frame upwards and make yourself a squared off "U" shaped bracket. Pop rivet the bracket to the seat and bolt throught the bent flanges and the ends of the bracket. I'm not quite ready to give up the back seat yet so I took the V-Star flange of the back of the seat instead of mounting it that way. I had also already raised the front of the stock seat about an inch and a half and left that in place, so the seat sits a little higher than original. If anyone's interested I can do pix and/or drawings. I just did 4,200 miles from MN to Miami, FL round trip on it and it was the best comfort $ I've spent.       Jack_650

IP Logged
Yellow96

Reply #9 - 10/18/06 at 22:47:22

I have a one piece gel seat that was made for the Savage.  I'll pull it off today and see if I can tell who makes it.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #10 - 10/19/06 at 03:51:57

I once talked to a rep from one of the seat mfg's, I think it was Corbin, and when asked why they did not make a seat for the Savage he said because no one has asked us to..    So I asked, but I guess no one else followed up with more requests to the company.

IP Logged
grey-head
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 11/05/06 at 13:27:50

would love to see a picture of the v-star seat on your savage, have been trying to figure a way to make my savage more comfortable for a while now!!

thanks and God bless...grey-head-

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 06:26:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Mustang seats

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.