steelwolf
Serious Thumper

"I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I
ride."

Trinity, NC
Re: Oil mixed gas
10/14/06 at 17:09:10

The gas going into the air box and the trouble starting the bike sounds like the float needle in the carb bowl may be stuck and flooding the engine. As for sucking oil from the crankcase into the carb? Maybe you have a vacuum line hooked up wrong?

BTW, questions go in the "rubberside down" section.

WWW   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #1 - 10/14/06 at 17:15:31

Sounds like you have gas running thru the vacumn line coming off the pettyc0ck. You should try to rebuild or replace it. The Technical section is used for how to do repairs, questions like this should be over in Rubber Side Down. If you look around here in the technical section there is a thread on how to convert the pettyc0ck from vacumn to manual operation.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Reply #2 - 10/15/06 at 18:29:51

This may sound-like or actually even BE a stupid question, but...

Why not just buy a $5 manual valve from a dirtbike and swap it in?

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Reply #3 - 10/15/06 at 20:14:05

One more ?...

Could you just leave the petc0ck set to PRI and insert a shutoff valve below it?

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #4 - 10/15/06 at 20:40:46

barry68v10 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
One more ?...

Could you just leave the petc0ck set to PRI and insert a shutoff valve below it?

Absolutely you could run one in your fuel line. I bought a couple for my dirtbikes from the lawn mower parts place. I think they were Briggs and Stratton brand. I could probably find a part number. The ID should be big enough for the Savage I would think.

IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #5 - 10/16/06 at 07:21:54

barry68v10 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
This may sound-like or actually even BE a stupid question, but...
Why not just buy a $5 manual valve from a dirtbike and swap it in?

do a search, and you'll find a mod to convert the vacuum petc0ck to a manual, i forget who gets credit for the write-up, but i've done it, and it works great!

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:29:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Re: Oil mixed gas

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.