LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: OH that Savage Sound!
Reply #15 - 11/06/06 at 02:49:54

If you have not done so yet, pull your main and pilot jet out of the carb and check the sizes.  Go up one size on the pilot jet and install it, and get the next 2 sizes of the main jet.  Install the larger of the 2 main jets, warm up the bike and then do a run test in 3rd or  4th with the throttle wide open for a couple of seconds.  If the engine bogs down then that jet is too big, and you need to go down to the smaller one.  If it runs good and strong then you are good to go.
If you like, you can continue to try the next larger jets until you find the one that causes the engine to bog down, and when you do you just drop back down to the next smaller one that did work properly.

IP Logged
jmerry
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 11/09/06 at 11:57:02

Whats the easiest way to pull the carb bowl to change the jets?  Anyone have any tips for a first timer?

Thanks!!

IP Logged
bholly12

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Starkville, MS
Reply #17 - 11/09/06 at 13:21:04

jmerry wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
Whats the easiest way to pull the carb bowl to change the jets?  Anyone have any tips for a first timer?

Thanks!!

I removed the battery, then the battery box, drained the float bowl, then used a stubby phillips screwdriver to remove it, the float bowl came off with no problems.  Jet came out with a stubby flat head.  Piece of cake, took about an hour tops to take it all apart & get it back together.  

If I had thought about it I would have replaced the phillips screws with allens so the battery could be left alone for the next rejet.

-Brad

2006 Euclase Silver Metallic S40, Dyna muffler, K&N drop-in, 1/2 spacer mod, 152.5 main.
WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #18 - 11/09/06 at 13:57:14

I have a '96.  I removed the top of the battery box, and the rubber duct to the air box.  Loosen all the clamps, a twist about 45° and a wiggle and out it came.  Sure it's tight, but I like it like that. Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #19 - 11/09/06 at 18:12:21

I did nothing but remove the tank and twist the carburetor in it's mounts. It was quite easy. Removing some of those other parts can be a pain. Get a can of PB Blaster and some needle nose vice grips - you'll likely need them to extract the crappy bowl and diaphram screws.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 12:24:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › OH that Savage Sound!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.