Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
pilot jet idle mix (Read 4 times)
ohms
Ex Member

pilot jet idle mix
10/04/06 at 17:23:09

Just wondering if anybody knows if this a symptom of a rich or lean condition or wrong pilot jet or what. I have a 96 with Jardine pipe and K + N filter. I currently have a 55 pilot in. First of the all the bike doesnt start cold at least not without a lot of trying. If I turn the idle adjustment down, I can start the bike cold easily with the choke out.

The problem now is that once it has started, after taking it for a ride, the bike will not idle.  So i adjust the idle mixture and adjustment screw to highest smooth idle and everything seems to be good, but I cannot turn the idle adjustment back down. If I do it stalls. With the idle mix adjusted everytime I turn the throttle and back down the bike sounds like it is going to stall for a couple of seconds and then the idle comes back up again.

At this point if I turn it off and try to start it cold the next morning, I'm back at square one.

Does anybody have any ideas?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: pilot jet idle mix
Reply #1 - 10/05/06 at 10:02:55

It sounds to me like your idle adjustments are compensating for another problem.  I would check the petc0ck vac line for leaking fuel or air, and the carb float and needle assembly.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/05/06 at 12:46:27

Maybe try backing back down to a 52.5 pilot and see if that helps.  You could be way too rich.  Just a thought...

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 10/06/06 at 06:23:17

Something is definitely wacky with it.  If after checking the vacuum line for leaks and float for proper level, there is still no change, you should consider taking it apart and checking for clogged passages.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 15:26:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › pilot jet idle mix

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.