Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Stupid N00bs (Read 18 times)
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Re: Stupid N00bs
Reply #30 - 10/07/06 at 17:07:00

Sluggo, not trying to be argumentative here, but for your statement to be true, it must be true in ALL cases. I'll take your statement to the extreme to test it, just fpr the sake of illustration.  Would you put a pa-50 moped up against a Yamaha v-max in a quarter mile?  Does the moped have any chance at all regardless of rider skill?  Obviously numbers DO mean something lest we dumb this down to the point that none of us can speak english, only grunt...   Roll Eyes

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #31 - 10/07/06 at 18:15:46

clearly, i was't speaking of a match up like you mentioned, i was talking about machines that are in the same class.  i once had a vw that i beat everybody with, that is off the line and across the intersection. Shocked
i've spent my whole life on the racing scene. crew, track official, announcer. even drove a few races. the fact is numbers work for basic comparision, but won't determine who will win a race.  

a moped could beat the machine you mention, ie. redlight. loss of traction. wrecking.  all factors in winning a race.

i still stand by "liars can figure, and figures can lie"
take enron, tyco, ect.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Reply #32 - 10/07/06 at 18:54:11

Super!  My point exactly..."machines that are in the same class."  I was pointing out that the R6 and magna were "in the same class" not a "moped vs. vmax" race like torque implied.

Glad we're on the same page. Smiley

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
ThumpinSquid
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Near Granite Falls & Robe, WA
Reply #33 - 10/09/06 at 19:03:22

Thanks again everybody!

Azjay, you guessed right, I'm at my 10 year mark, did 5 on AOE-1 (USS Sacramento), 3 years recruiting out in Colorado and now I'm on the mighty fighting USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72).

Lurking the forums ponied up another little gem, I've rotated my buckhorns foward a good 20-25 degrees and no longer feel the need for mini apes just yet. I took a picture of my wife on the bike after the rotation but I'll wait for her to upload all the pics before I post that. We got a ton on there because we just got back from our wedding ceremony in Vegas.

Aside from that, Sluggo, you got it. No more "Torques momma" jokes. I don't wanna get banned before my 3rd post, and thanks for a warning rather than just booting me.

Thanks again everybody, I look forward to the time when I'll be the guy with the answers. Wink

Matt

Out of my way, I have to pee!
  IP Logged
ThumpinSquid
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Near Granite Falls & Robe, WA
Reply #34 - 10/09/06 at 19:53:14

She takes too long, here yuh go.

Out of my way, I have to pee!