Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
White Spacer (Read 8 times)
jmerry
Ex Member

White Spacer
09/21/06 at 17:39:31

Whats the best way to shave the white spacer on an 05 S40 with an HD Dyna muffler?  I know I need to take it down to 2/3 or 1/2 OR replace with a brass washer.  

I'd almost like to do the washer so that I could keep the spacer, but what do you guys think?  I've got her apart and am pondering the option.

What is best?  If the washer, what size do I need?

Suggestions?

Thanks alot!!

IP Logged
steelwolf
Serious Thumper

"I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I
ride."

Trinity, NC
Re: White Spacer
Reply #1 - 09/21/06 at 18:53:56

The best way to shave the washer would be to drill a hole in a piece of wood just big enough to put the washer into and only about half as deep as the washer is thick. Then just put in the washer and take a piece of sand paper to it and "viola" shaved spacer. BTW, not my idea. It belongs to someone else (I don't remember who) but it is a d@mn good one.

WWW   IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/21/06 at 18:56:42

If you look really close at the white spacer, there is a "seam" that runs around the circumference of the spacer right at the half way mark of it.  Just put some sandpaper down on your table top, and then rub the spacer back and forth until you get down to that mark.

IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #3 - 09/22/06 at 07:16:21

i did the washer thing for 2/3, for the same reason (save the white spacer), and i had stainless steel  washers sitting around, ran it for a while. eventually i went with the 1/2 white spacer. i used a flat file (rasp) and just ran the spacer up and down the file, checking occasionally to ensure a semetrically flat result. if you washer, i think #3 or #4, pay attention to ID to clear the needle and OD to fit in the recess in the slide, as they shouldn't bind.

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 14:25:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › White Spacer

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.