Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Please HELP.. In middle of mod... (Read 2 times)
Probert31
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Please HELP.. In middle of mod...
09/18/06 at 15:08:15

Just to keep it short and sweet..

I'm in the middle of the white spacer mod.  I've put the needle assembly back together.  Is the needle supposed to move?  Mine is stationary.  Prob a stupid question but this is about as handy as I've ever gotten.

IP Logged
Probert31
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Please HELP.. In middle of mod...
Reply #1 - 09/18/06 at 15:41:23

I think I got my answer from the Carb Theory 101 PDF.  It seems from that reading that it is just the taper of the needle that effects the ammount of gas that can be drawn in.

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #2 - 09/18/06 at 16:30:14

Yes it should.  It should be firmly attached to the whole slide (at the bottom), which should also be able to move freely.

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #3 - 09/18/06 at 16:31:11

Probert31 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Just to keep it short and sweet..

I'm in the middle of the white spacer mod.  I've put the needle assembly back together.  Is the needle supposed to move?  Mine is stationary.  Prob a stupid question but this is about as handy as I've ever gotten.

Did you put the small spring back in the needle assembly??

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #4 - 09/18/06 at 17:25:04

Check the carb pictures in the Tech Section here. Very helpful.

IP Logged
Probert31
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 09/18/06 at 18:18:48

I assembled the needle assembly as shown in the tech diagrams.  After I tightened down the two screws on the plate that holds the needle in, the needle did not move.  The spring is under it but there really isn't much motion anymore.  I replaced the white spacer with two brass washers.  When I tested the needle in the white spacer, it was tight enough that there wasn't any give there either.  I am having problems, as I already put it back in.  The bike runs fine with the choke out, but stalls at 1/4 throttle with it in.  It gets worse as the bike heats up.  I just figured I had to tune it better.  Just to make sure we're all talking about the same thing, the needle has a spring, washer, clip, then the white spacer on it.  I put this into the hole on the diaphragm assembly then screw it down with the little brass plate and brass Screws.  At this point, there wasn't much "up and down" give on the needle itself.  I remember taking it apart and having it move in and out of the assembly but I figured that was because I had loosened the screws.  So, the needle should move freely in and out of the diaphragm assembly under the brass plate holding it in??

IP Logged
Probert31
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 09/18/06 at 21:16:16

I gotcha now.  Switched out the brass washers for the "shaved" spacer and it moves freely.  Thanks!!!  I would have spent days trying to tune it!!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 14:26:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Please HELP.. In middle of mod...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.