Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
got my colors! (Read 2 times)
starmom
Ex Member

got my colors!
09/14/06 at 15:59:35

when i started taking my bike lessons started looking up women motorcycle associations on the net.

found a club in my area and started meeting up with them and riding.

went to a meeting on tue nite and was presented with the clubs patch/colors.

so here i am a 44 y.o. and the newest member of

Women in the Wind-Black Rose Chapter, NY

whoo hoo......

goes to show that you just never know ............

take care!

sue

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Re: got my colors!
Reply #1 - 09/14/06 at 16:43:09

Sue,

I assume this is not a 3 piece patch?   Shocked

IP Logged
starmom
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/14/06 at 18:17:54

3 pc?

nope one big one...........

and a small one for another jacket/vest

IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #3 - 09/15/06 at 06:24:20

"ride on", congrats, the more friends you have that ride, the more riding with friends you get to do, and that is DEFFINATELY a good thing!

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #4 - 09/15/06 at 10:35:04

IP Logged
DianeS.

Love my 2000 savage!

Ontario, Canada.
Reply #5 - 09/16/06 at 19:14:29

Way to go Sue!!!  Wear them proudly!!!!

I joined a riding club, but I've only been able to get out for one group ride.  Just difficult with two young daughters and a hubby who wants me around the house.  

DianeS

Green 2000 Savage purchased in Nov. 2005. Memphis fat windshield, Willie and Max Saddlebags, jardine slash cut muffler, engine case guard, Metzler 880 ME tires, fork brace, and carb re-jetted.
  IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #6 - 09/16/06 at 23:16:09

Cool, always more fun to ride with a group! I just joined the local chapter of usahighwayriders. Haven't met them yet or ridden with them yet but I signed up on my neighbor's recommendation. He just got a bike & joined. Waiting to get my patch soon.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
starmom
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 09/17/06 at 02:37:20

its fun!

so funny, bike clubs are so different than any other organization that ive belonged to before. Im a member of a few clubs a ski club, a saltwater fishtank club etc.

i had to go to meetings for so many months etc and we did that ride (the 190 mile one in all that weather)

I was a prospect for all that time, then FINALLY myself and another lady were voted in to the club.

THEN got my colors..........kinda funny for a chick in her 40's. but alot of fun!  

I have a hubby of 22 yrs and two girls 8/l6 and im a nurse and work every other weekend.  the club members are understanding of my home/work obligations which is cool and have tried to work around when I can do stuff too which is great! my own extended family cant get that i HAVE to work everyother weekend and works less with me than my club members seem to do.  

my hubby started riding as an adult at the same time I did so it works out really well, it gives us yet another interest in common and despite the fact he didnt get my interest in the club at first, he gets the benefit of the group rides as he is very welcome to all our events.

and now we plan on rides in our area we can do together.  Many of our friends have also recently started riding again as adults (dirt bikers as kids) and they guys are very jelous that "his old lady" rides too and wish they could find  a female to ride with.

I HATE to miss events, its just so much damm fun! I got NUTZ when I know something is going on and I cant play too!  I guess im just a big kid at heart!

being a biker is so much fun!   8) as much fun as I always knew it would be!  I just wish I started younger!

my fellow nurses just shake their heads and tell me im just crazy or that they are living vicariously thru me.

Im looking foward to this wed when we meet and ride together again and i can proudly wear my colors!

sue

and for you ladies out there, women in the wind is a national organization with chapters all over the country if you go to their website you can find a chapter in your area.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #8 - 09/17/06 at 03:11:00

sue,
i'm glad you found a club that makes you feel comfortable. me i'm just the opposite. i've been a public figure most of my adult life and have extensive interaction with people, so my riding is an escape, one which i do alone most of the time, and enjoy greatly.  when i want to do a group ride, i just line us all up for a virtual ride, thats where we all go out and ride to a location, like mountain, lake, full moon.  we take pictures and then post em here.  we havent' got one in yet this year.  HOW ABOUT A FALL FOLIAGE RIDE, WITH PICS. i'm looking of a second on this motion.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #9 - 09/19/06 at 07:17:35

Well, let's see the patch then...  Smiley Lisa and I rode with an all brands association for a while when we lived on the MS Gulf Coast.  I still have the shirt from them, but won't wear it around here. Even though western WA and MS have the same dominant club.

Sluggo's virtual ride? Seconded.
-Wsupport your local red and whiteD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Reply #10 - 09/19/06 at 13:20:57

Congrats on the colors!  Smiley

I'm with sluggo on this one, though.  I like riding alone, or with a small number of people that I know quite well (mostly relatives).  

Man, trees don't change colors around here...so I may have to photoshop a ride to make it look like fall foliage...

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 16:18:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › got my colors!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.