Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Brass Plug Removal (Read 11 times)
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Re: Brass Plug Removal
Reply #15 - 09/15/06 at 10:45:03

jmerry wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Yeah, I read that post and went by that method.   I still didn't see much of a change.   Are there any other methods?

roll ons and roll offs, dyno, afr sniffer

roll on and off, about 1/5 down the page, and these really just work for the main jet.

dyno = $$$$, very good, make sure you use one w/ an afr sniffer, if you go this route.

A different, but good method, IMO, is to ge the bke warm and ride it.  Change the setting a little and ride it some more.  Keep playing till yr happy!  This is known as the "butt-dyno."

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #16 - 09/15/06 at 14:46:28

Veritas wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Well, any nice days left, I'm riding her.  And I can't get the screws on top off.  I got one with an impact driver, stripped the hell out of one and cant get to the other two.

I used needle nosed vice grips. They came out easily.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
Veritas
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 09/15/06 at 15:13:29

I'll try the vice grips... but how do you get to the two hidden under the frame?

IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #18 - 09/15/06 at 16:24:38

I'll try the vice grips... but how do you get to the two hidden under the frame?

Loosen the carb mounting clamps and rotate the carb. I removed half of my screws with needle nosed vice grips.

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #19 - 09/15/06 at 18:23:11

dynobob said it all. be sure not to over tighten the carb boots when your done. Air leaks cause backfires on upshifts. I learned the hard way.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
Robb
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 09/17/06 at 06:33:35

I have only had my 2005 S4o a couple of weeks and guess what, it backfires.  I am kinda confused about the brass plug everyone is talking about.  Right or left side?  Thanks.

Robb

IP Logged
Robb
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 09/17/06 at 06:43:11

I think I just found it-right side straight up from plug?  My bike backfires a little when decelerating in second gear like when I am coming to a stop and only makes a little poof when I shut the bike down.  It really doesn't bother me that much.  Is it really worth messing with?  Thanks.

Robb

IP Logged
Veritas
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 09/17/06 at 08:26:40

Robb, you're lucky.  My 2005 S40 sounded like a shotgun went off the first time I shut her off.  It was my first time ever riding and I thought my neighbor was shooting at me cause he didn't like the bike! Scared the hell out of me!  She'll backfire decel in any gear and on shut down.  Been shooting at me from mile 0 to the 2555 I have on her now.

I was gonna do the carb today but it's 75 and sunny.  I can't take her apart when I should be riding her!  Shocked

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 06:27:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Brass Plug Removal

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.