Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Bridgestone Tires (Read 11 times)
pgolden
Ex Member

Bridgestone Tires
09/14/06 at 06:38:42

I am starting to look at new tires. I like the looks of the Bridgestone Spitfire RWL S11 model. I found the 100/90 H-19 for $64.99, and the 140/90H-15 for $89.99 at J&P cycles. Have any of you had Bridgestone tires on your bike? I have my heart set on raised white letter, but if the tires are crappy I may have to rethink my choice.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: Bridgestone Tires
Reply #1 - 09/14/06 at 06:46:50

j&p was running a sale last week if its still on you can get a pair of 880 metzlers(not r.w.l.)for $60 more..others here can tell you more of the differences..imo bridgestone makes a fine product but  metz's are better.
dont forget new tubes and liners...like i did.. Smiley

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #2 - 09/14/06 at 07:01:44

For me history is too recent to ever consider any tire product from Bridgestone/Firestone (nick named Gravestone and Tombstone)  the trash they made for tires -  500,721, and Wilderness - no way.

IP Logged
shawn_b
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/14/06 at 08:15:26

Bridgestone are japanese 8) firestone are made in usa Lips Sealed not the same tires i have a set of bridgestone on my truck great in the snow Roll Eyes

shawn

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #4 - 09/14/06 at 11:19:33

To me it doesn't make any difference where the tire was made it's the corporate culture of deny there is a problem, next blame your customers for neglect,next blame truck maker, until the situation get's hot enough and then step up and face the music - had it been handled different it would be a different story - that's 2 strikes before Bridgestone bought them and one after - they're out.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #5 - 09/14/06 at 11:27:18

several years ago, after the last scare, i purchased a mazda pickup, it came with firestones, i told the wife it came with "lottery tires" meaning if i got killed by them, she just hit the lottery.  Shocked   never happened, truck went up in a ball of flames.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
yantis_flash
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/14/06 at 12:04:31

Just a though,the only thing between you and the road is "2" tires,not 4.Now is not the time to hide your billfold,get the best tire you can.

IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Reply #7 - 09/14/06 at 12:21:29

now you sound like my hubby Wink

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #8 - 09/14/06 at 12:48:25

(2)metler 880(sale) free shipping                          $215
(2)tubes with metal stems dealer                            $24
mount and balance on bike                                $102
 total                                                                  $341

only got 5500 miles on oem rear tire irc brand..
could of saved $30 by pulling wheels myself(by myself rear is a rpita)$ was worth it to watch the mechs re mount the wheels took two of them for the front and back..
metzs should last  better than 10k miles..other item not to cut corners is BRAKES...spend and lil money for your safety..if you really want raised white letters theres a white pen out there just for marking tires....

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Majstor
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 09/14/06 at 12:54:21

I have bridgestone spitfire since spring this year, and after approx. 2500km still rides & feels very well, no issues at all..... only thing, if you are getting 90 (versus original 80) don't forget to switch bolts/nuts to flat kind (if not, will have contact at the left side).
cheers

IP Logged
pgolden
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 09/14/06 at 13:44:13

I have 11" shocks, so I have room for the 90.

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #11 - 09/18/06 at 16:49:19

I looked at metz but decided on Dunlops. I haven't been disappointed. Are you using the bike for commuting??

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
bikingb
2005 No Login

Love to Ride!

Appleton, WI
Reply #12 - 09/19/06 at 05:38:15

Vash

I've never been able to get the Harley guys to look at my bike, much less work on it.

Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of that which you really love..... Rumi
http://bikepics.com/pictures/598442
bikingb   IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #13 - 09/19/06 at 06:55:07

i had debby's front tire mounted and balanced at my local HD dealer, although i delivered only the wheel, so no "passers by" could recognize it from an HD wheel Grin i'm reasonably certain that if i delivered a 15" wheel, tire, tube, liner, etc, they would do the job. i'm not sure, but i think the local chopper shop would do the job with the bike, and the other independent bike shop would do the job from the bike also. independents are cool that way, an easy job that pays is good for buisness. i go to the local suzuki dealer, only as a last resort.

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
pgolden
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 09/19/06 at 07:07:43

I found a better price for my tires at Moto X Outlet, the front is 57.99, the rear is 70.99, plus 25.00 shipping. I am going to mount them myself and have them balanced at a bike shop. I will replace the rear brakes while I have the rear wheel off. Brewbrother I ride my bike to work and take short trips for fun, I have a 15 mile round trip to work.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:45:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bridgestone Tires

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.