Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
OEM Muffler & things people do to them (Read 5 times)
Scottwerty

It's not a Gang!
It's a Club!

Mass
OEM Muffler & things people do to them
09/13/06 at 14:04:42

I've looked at different mufflers online and have listened to the Audio for most of them.(thanks to a post in this forum) and have concluded that I could make the stock Muffler sound pretty good.
 Looking at the back of the muffler I didn't want to drill into the end of the baffle like others had done and have holes all over which to me would not look great so i came up with a different approach. I tappered the Exhuast port in with a cone shaped drill bit grind wheel then got my Punch set out and punch Four holes in the Inside of exhuast port using a 3/8 punch inside the pipe at an angle so the air would flow smoothly. Then used a rounded file to smooth out the burrs that my punch had made.  Started my bike up,   Holy Cow!! It Rumbles I mean RUMBLES like a Harley which in my opinion is awesome considering I paid nothing and it got rid of the rest of my backfire as an extra bonus.
So,if any one has a OEM Muffler mod that is better drop a post

IP Logged
steelwolf
Serious Thumper

"I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I
ride."

Trinity, NC
Re: OEM Muffler & things people do to them
Reply #1 - 09/13/06 at 15:44:05

Scottwerty wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:

So,if any one has a OEM Muffler mod that is better drop a post

Throw it in the dumpster. JMO

Glad you have a sound you like though. How 'bout a pic of the "new" exhaust. It would help greatly if someone else wanted to try it. ; Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
guitar52
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/13/06 at 20:10:24

Did you make any carb changes?

IP Logged
Scottwerty

It's not a Gang!
It's a Club!

Mass
Reply #3 - 09/14/06 at 11:59:53

Yes, Guitar52. Although still trying to figure out how much of the white spacer i should have right now at 3/4 . Probaly go with 1/2 space next time i open her up.  If any one lives in the boston area I'd like to know there carb settings. As for my Muffler still tuning the sound with a file and a drill. Almost at the perfect pitch. just want to make a little deeper tone. after I'm done I try to post a pic and hopefully a sound so others can get a good perspective of the my mod before trying it for themselfs

IP Logged
guitar52
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/16/06 at 18:07:29

Hey thanks Scottwerty, excited to see a photo and possible  sound file. Going to make some mods on my S40 but just checking what kind of things like you have before doing anything.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 00:23:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › OEM Muffler & things people do to them

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.